Brewer Fanatic

J.T. Realmuto

Eye Black
Hader is not an option for a trade... Especially during the season

He isn’t available at all. He is one of our most valuable players. We would have to get a crazy elite player to ship him in a trade. Like a Chris Sale.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'd do Realmuto very quickly. Really, I think I could get behind the Archer one too. tough to move Keston of course, but no pitchers going out in it so I think I would. And it's a long term cost controlled move like Yelich.

I think I'd do Realmuto very quickly. Really, I think I could get behind the Archer one too. tough to move Keston of course, but no pitchers going out in it so I think I would. And it's a long term cost controlled move like Yelich.

I just said I don't think I would do Hiura for Archer in the Chris Archer thread but I could definitely get behind something like this if the package was limited to Hiura and didn't include Burnes. I would prefer to substitute Santana for Phillips, as I believe Phillips is the perfect 4th OF now and a good RF once Braun no longer is an everyday player.

Realmuto trade...in a heartbeat.

Heyman with a couple trade ideas for the Brewers.

I would do the Realmuto one now.

I'd do both without really thinking twice. Shores up big roster holes with long-term solutions. Prospects are replaceable.

This is the key for Stearns making deals this season. The Machados of the world can go to the major markets. Adding long term, cost-controlled players like Archer and Realmuto to the core of Yelich, Cain, Shaw, Arcia (hopefully) makes all the sense in the world for this market.

Wouldn’t trade Hiura for Archer. Not an Archer fan and I believe Hiura is a part of the almost immediate core. Go get Realmuto for that price though for sure.

2019- Mid June:

C- Realmuto

1B- Thames/Braun/Aguilar

2B- Hiura

3B- Shaw

SS- Arcia

LF- Yelich/Braun

CF- Cain

RF- Santana/Yelich

Yes please.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Those Heyman packages seem pretty light in terms of talent we'd be sending. Hiura is a player I think the club should keep; I agree with Brew4U there. I think the Marlins could get more for Realmuto... and it'd probably take Hiura from us to get it done imo.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If that's what Realmuto cost, he would be a Brewer already - or else on a different team that paid a similarly low price. Archer one is doable - it has quality with Hiura but lacks the quantity many fear it would take. Honestly I would do Realmuto one in a heartbeat and the Archer one only with the other one, not on it's own.

I would do that Realmuto trade for sure, but I don't think it's enough from the Brewers side and I don't know how motivated the Marlins are to trade him.

I'm torn on Huira. I like rooting for him, but he very well may need TJ surgery and that would likely delay his ascension to the bigs. Additionally, the DH isn't going to come to the NL quickly enough to stash him there.

I would do that Realmuto trade for sure, but I don't think it's enough from the Brewers side and I don't know how motivated the Marlins are to trade him.

I'm torn on Huira. I like rooting for him, but he very well may need TJ surgery and that would likely delay his ascension to the bigs. Additionally, the DH isn't going to come to the NL quickly enough to stash him there.

I guess maybe I'm not seeing something in the box scores others have - hasn't Hiura been playing second base quite a bit over the past month? Sure, he is still DH-ing a few games a week, but it's not like his glove is in deep storage. Haven't heard anything lately about setbacks or lingering issues with his arm that would lead me to believe he's playing with his right arm tied behind his back. Looks like he's played 15 games at 2nd over the past month, playing full games there for most of them.

I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR

Oh...OK.

Funny I saw that Cardinals joke site had a bunch of Cards fans saying how they wouldn't trade Yadi for Trout. And they were serious. He's not a winner, etc.

Those Heyman packages seem pretty light in terms of talent we'd be sending. Hiura is a player I think the club should keep; I agree with Brew4U there. I think the Marlins could get more for Realmuto... and it'd probably take Hiura from us to get it done imo.

We have enough talent that we could easily get Realmuto without giving up Hiura, but I'll also agree that package is light. If I got that offer, I wouldn't hang up the phone until Realmuto was on a plane to Milwaukee.

I think Burnes, Ray, Feliciano is more realistic. If we avoid including Burnes/Peralta/Hiura, then I think it'd be something like Ortiz, Ray, Nottingham, Supak. I think either of those deals gets it done, but either trade could be trumped by a team willing to overpay...like for instance if the Nationals include Robles in a deal.

As for Archer, I honestly just have no interest in dealing with such a delusional front office. There are other pitchers we can target that are equally valuable and don't require our entire farm system.

I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR

Oh...OK.

Funny I saw that Cardinals joke site had a bunch of Cards fans saying how they wouldn't trade Yadi for Trout. And they were serious. He's not a winner, etc.

Or maybe baseball is a team sport and the Angels have yet to put a playoff caliber team around him. The Angels current team without Trout is probably a 72 win team. He's worth way more than 7-8 wins for that team.

OK - so we'd only be talking about 2.5 years with him then.

If that is the case, I'd want to hold onto Feliciano and Payton Henry, hoping that one of those two guys is ready to take over after we have to say goodbye to Realmuto. I wonder if the Marlins would have any interest in Nottingham in the deal, since we wouldn't have much need for him over the next few years if a deal like this went down.

The Angels also had Ohtani fall right into their lap. Amazing to me that a team can have Trout and Ohtani can be hovering around .500. I don't know much about their supporting cast but they must suck.

Archived