Brewer Fanatic

Marvin Lewis for DC?

CheezWizHed

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'd prefer someone younger.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I read yesterday (not sure where) that he would consider being an assistant for a former assistant, not sure if that was the authors speculation or he had on good authority. There isn't really any internal candidates, but I do think Lewis would be a fine candidate.

And please, no Jim Leonard. He had 1 good season as a DC in college on a veteran team. Thats not enough to move up to a DC in the pros. He would have to come here as a secondary coach for a while before.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Why does age matter?

It doesn't really but I'd prefer someone that has new ideas. Seems like Cincy is same old same old defense.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't think thete are many new ideas. Its about knowing what kind of players yoy need, and being able to communicate that to GM. Then you get them to buy in to what youre doing, and inspire them. Teach them how to play their position in your scheme, and how you fit in the overall scheme. Build an identity.

Most "new ideas" in football are recycled with new names.

• 2 weeks later...
60? Goodness, he is almost dead!

I think he might have a couple good years left in him...

60 puts him 7 years younger than Dom Capers (without a dead creature on top of his head).

Fangio is 59 so that should be young enough. ;)

Well, Marvin kept his job once again. Not sure exactly how, but good for him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived