Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia Signs with Yankees

ThisIsMyCrew

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Holy hometown discount. I'm willing to bet he got offered a good deal more somewhere.

At 37/38, how much more were people expecting him to get? The wheels have to come off at some point, right? Maybe he is immortal.

I'm guessing he could have gotten couple of million more elsewhere. I was thinking he'd get a two-year deal - around $16-20M.

Holy hometown discount. I'm willing to bet he got offered a good deal more somewhere.

At 37/38, how much more were people expecting him to get? The wheels have to come off at some point, right? Maybe he is immortal.

It's just a 1-year deal though. Very low risk. He's been a 3 WAR pitcher two years in a row. This is about half his market value based on recent production, and market value often includes longer contracts that are a bigger risk.

Archived