Brewer Fanatic

Jake McGee (3 years) and Bryan Shaw (3-years/$27M) to Rockies

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Rockies have signed FA reliever Bryan Shaw to a 3-year/$27M contract.

They also re-signed left-handed reliever Jake McGee to a 3-year deal with an option for a fourth year. No financial details yet.

Prices for relievers are coming in higher than many have projected. It's a good year to be a quality reliever.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/rockies-to-re-sign-jake-mcgee.html

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/rockies-close-to-deal-with-bryan-shaw.html

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Prices for relievers are coming in higher than many have projected. It's a good year to be a quality reliever.

It probably will be for a few more years until they get so overpaid that one wants them anymore.

It's kind of cyclical with relievers. They get overvalued - then there's a market correction - and then they get undervalued - and repeat cycle.

Looks like they might get Holland too. Rockies doing the type of work I hoped Stearns would do on his bullpen...

I was (and still am) hoping for the exact opposite. If this is what Swarzy and Shaw are getting, would love to see what Stearns could get back in a Knebel trade.

Looks like they might get Holland too. Rockies doing the type of work I hoped Stearns would do on his bullpen...

I was (and still am) hoping for the exact opposite. If this is what Swarzy and Shaw are getting, would love to see what Stearns could get back in a Knebel trade.

Probably not the sexy thing to do, but I agree.

Probably not the sexy thing to do, but I agree.

You know... last year was way more fun than I expected... i could stomach a down year. Hard to imagine the cubs and cards sucking again.

Archived