Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Autographed Items

zagski6

I am trying to collect one autographed item, preferably card or index card for every player to ever play for the Pilots/Brewers. Out of 800+ players I'm down to the following players. Let me know if you can help out. Willing to buy or trade! Thanks!

Don Mincher 1B 1969

Ray Oyler SS 1969

Gene Brabender P 1969-1970

Mike Marshall P 1969

Gus Gil 3B 1969-1971

Freddie Velazquez C 1969

Steve Hovley OF 1969-1970

George Brunet P 1969

Miguel Fuentes P 1969

George Lauzerique P 1970

Roberto Pena 1B 1970-1971

Marcelino Lopez P 1971-1972

Rick Auerbach SS 1971-1973

Al Yates OF 1971

Paul Ratliff C 1971-1972

Ray Newman P 1972-1973

Carlos Velazquez P 1973

Roger Miller P 1974

Danny Frisella P 1976

Dan Thomas OF 1976-1977

Barry Cort P 1977

Sam Hinds P 1977

Randy Stein P 1978

Andy Beene P 1983-1984

Willie Randolph 2B 1991

Mike Thomas P 1995

Greg Mullins P 1998

Steve Falteisek P 1999-2000

Takahito Nomura P 2002

Mel Stocker LF 2007-2008

Josh Stinson P 2012-2013

I have Miguel Fuentes on a Pilots team ball--I've never seen a flat item of his.

Surprised to see Rick Auerbach on the list. I'm pretty sure I got him TTM with ease. Granted, that was probably 15 years ago, but... I'll look and see if I have an extra.

Steve Hovley is the last card I need signed from the Jalco "Reprint" set of original Brewers. I just got Tommy Harper's card from that set done at a private signing a few months ago. Harper isn't elusive, but he doesn't do much at all through the mail and I kept missing his private signing dates. I know I won't get Hovley on that card, so I consider the set complete and plan on framing it up soon.

I do have a Dan Thomas, and it's the one autograph that I have that is most troubling to me.

It's a note written back to a fan, very polite and cordial. He lived a tragic life that likely caused tragedy in at least one other.

Not sure I want to sell it, though if you get me on another day I might.

Thanks for the feed back! Being born in 1992, this project has helped me learn more about the past players. I've learned about the sad stories of Fuentes and Thomas. I was also surprised by the amount of players who literally only played one game for the team!

I know that the remaining players on this list are tough gets, but if anything becomes available post in this thread or PM me!

I had to look him up as I have never heard of him. After reading the story I remembered I have a box of old pants from the 70's and one of them has the tag of Thomas. I just assumed they were Gorman's and that was it. Now I have to look a little closer and see if they are Dan's.

I have a similar project going, though it's slowed down in the past year or so as I've gotten most of the TTM guys. I was trying to get players first Brewers card. Which is kinda tough with newer cards since there is so many sets out there. Thinking of just trying to get players on any card. A project I'll start back up later this winter or spring hopefully. I'm curious how you've gone about obtaining the non TTM guys? eBay? I can't bring myself to spend more than a couple bucks on a lot of guys. Pretty impressive though.

Also, check your PM.

Archived