Brewer Fanatic

Patrick Corbin

NOMAAM
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can we get Robbie Ray instead of Corbin? :)
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what would a Santana/Corbin package look like if we were to strike a deal? Obviously, we'd need more than just Corbin for the value we'd be giving up with Domingo. Would either Pavin Smith or Duplantier be included in the deal? No way we'd get both of them and Corbin, right?

I’d take Pavin Smith and Corbin for Santana. Smith is expected to move through the minors in a hurry. He and Hiura would be a great combo working there way through the minors together.

I would want a low level prospect thrown in too but I agree. Grab another lottery ticket pitcher that our scouts like.

Corbin's career best season is 3.5 fWAR.

Santana was worth 3.3 fWAR last season as a 24 year old even with UZR hating his defense.

Corbin is a free agent after 2018. Santana is under team control for four more years.

I really don't see a match.

Corbin's career best season is 3.5 fWAR.

Santana was worth 3.3 fWAR last season as a 24 year old even with UZR hating his defense.

Corbin is a free agent after 2018. Santana is under team control for four more years.

I really don't see a match.

Wouldn’t the match be there if other players were included? Straight up, it doesn’t make sense, unless it was for someone like Broxton.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers get: Pavin Smith, Taylor Clarke, Dalton Varsho, Patrick Corbin

Dbacks get: Domingo Santana

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I actually wouldn't mind this deal for Domingo. Would immediately help us restock our farm system, although I have to admit that I don't know much about Clarke? Is he a future mid-level rotation guy?

I actually wouldn't mind this deal for Domingo. Would immediately help us restock our farm system, although I have to admit that I don't know much about Clarke? Is he a future mid-level rotation guy?

From Minorleagueball December, 2017: 3) Taylor Clarke, RHP, Grade B: Age 24, third round pick in 2015 from College of Charleston; 3.35 ERA with 138/52 K/BB in 145 innings between Double-A and Triple-A, 123 hits; very solid all-around with low-90s fastball, good slider, improving changeup, usually throws strikes; stuff isn’t quite as good as Duplantier’s but Clarke matches him for pitchability and polish, possible number four starter, maybe more. ETA 2018.

So, what would a Santana/Corbin package look like if we were to strike a deal? Obviously, we'd need more than just Corbin for the value we'd be giving up with Domingo. Would either Pavin Smith or Duplantier be included in the deal? No way we'd get both of them and Corbin, right?

I don't see Arizona getting rid of Duplantier since they're getting rid of a pitcher and he seems to be a legit lights out prospect. But, I could see us getting Pavin Smith along with Corbin for Santana.

I'm curious why you'd call him a legit lights out prospect. Hes 23 tearing up high a. Thats not what I think of when I think of legit lights out. Nor are arm issue concerns.

I don't see Arizona getting rid of Duplantier since they're getting rid of a pitcher and he seems to be a legit lights out prospect. But, I could see us getting Pavin Smith along with Corbin for Santana.

I'm curious why you'd call him a legit lights out prospect. Hes 23 tearing up high a. Thats not what I think of when I think of legit lights out. Nor are arm issue concerns.

Seen both him and Puk pitch. Most consider Puk along those lines and in my opinion I like Duplantier just as much.

As long as the D-Backs are gonna have trash defense in right anyway, how about Thames? Thames + Broxton for Corbin + a low-level lotto ticket gets them much better outfield depth and saves them a lot of money without giving up much. Then the Brewers can sign Morrison, Lind, or Duda to a 1-year deal to share 1b with Braun.

I like Corbin a lot, I just don't see how a one-year rental makes sense, and if we are going that route isn't there some soon to be free agent out there better than Corbin (especially if we're trading a valuable asset like Santana)?

At least if we acquired him now, we could still offer him a QO after the season and recover a draft pick if he leaves. But yeah, one year of Corbin is not nearly enough for Santana.

Gruber Lawffices

Archived