Brewer Fanatic

Jed Lowrie

Just not sure Manaea is enough for Santana. I mean we really could be giving away the next big bat. This guy with the age that he is at just started finding his cruise control.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just not sure Manaea is enough for Santana. I mean we really could be giving away the next big bat. This guy with the age that he is at just started finding his cruise control.

I would agree. Santana has broken out, while Manaea is just a decent/interesting guy at this point. I also don't think he has the upside we'd be looking for in a trade for Santana.

I'm of the "give villar a shot" camp, and don't have a ton of interest in someone like Lowrie. Then again, any deal for a 2b should include Villar or the end result should be him getting traded. He either should start everyday to try and regain his form or play for someone else.

Manaea is not nearly enough for Santana in my opinion. Also I think he does not profile well for Miller Park at all. Hr/FB ratio of 11.4% for his career while pitching in Oakland. And this year they are projecting it so sit in the 14% range which is awful.

No thanks! I probably wouldn’t even want him in a package for Santana.

I would agree. Santana has broken out, while Manaea is just a decent/interesting guy at this point. I also don't think he has the upside we'd be looking for in a trade for Santana.

I'm of the "give villar a shot" camp, and don't have a ton of interest in someone like Lowrie. Then again, any deal for a 2b should include Villar or the end result should be him getting traded. He either should start everyday to try and regain his form or play for someone else.

The fact that Villar was deep on the bench down the stretch was a sign they were ready to move on. Seriously, why would a team that came within a game of the playoffs risk making the same costly error they made the previous season? That would be like them signing Feliz again because he was good in 2016, and he deserves another chance. Villar isn't an unknown. He was a marginal player when the Brewers acquired him, then had one magical season, and was back to the the guy he was before 2016. He's not a kid, he's a known quantity. Defensively he's subpar anywhere you put him, despite the occasional highlight play. Brewers talk a good game about Villar because they don't want to destroy what value he has. Let a rebuilding club take flyer on him.

Villar has played the equivalent of 3 seasons in Major League Baseball in terms of Games. With only two being able to Start/Play in 3/4 of them. One he posted a amazing season the other awful. I don’t seen how you can write him off as a known quantity at this point.

By your logic Jimmy Nelson was a known quantity before last season too and the Brewers should have written him off. Going into the season Jimmy was a career 3.9 WAR in three season and Villar a 2.9.

I hope not on Lowrie. Had a very impressive .360 OBP in 2017 but only a .317 OBP from 2014-2016. Lifetime .332. If he repeats the .360 he would be an all-out steal but I have my doubts.

Time to circle back around Neil Walker. As expected there doesn't seem to be much of a second base market and there was just a report that the Mets are not interested in bringing him back. There has been some talk regarding the Angels but they seem to prefer swinging a deal for Kinsler and some talk of the Pirates but it looks like they are stretched pretty thin in terms of payroll. I figured a minimum of 2 years, 20 million but now it may be a bit questionable if he'll get that. He would almost have to be "attractive target #1" if the price drops down into the 2 year, 16-17 million dollar range and right now I don't think that's too far-fetched. Will only be entering age 32 season next year and from 2015-2017 has slashed .272/.344/.446/.790.

The fact that Villar was deep on the bench down the stretch was a sign they were ready to move on. Seriously, why would a team that came within a game of the playoffs risk making the same costly error they made the previous season? That would be like them signing Feliz again because he was good in 2016, and he deserves another chance. Villar isn't an unknown. He was a marginal player when the Brewers acquired him, then had one magical season, and was back to the the guy he was before 2016. He's not a kid, he's a known quantity. Defensively he's subpar anywhere you put him, despite the occasional highlight play. Brewers talk a good game about Villar because they don't want to destroy what value he has. Let a rebuilding club take flyer on him.

Because in the history of the MLB, a player has never had a bad season to only bounce back the following year. I get that you hate him because he took away your precious Scooter Gennett but you definitely go off the deep end pretending he has no value and that there is no chance he could rebound and be a good player for the Brewers this upcoming season. Your judgment is clouded on this one quite a bit. You may turn out to be right that Villar just stinks and the Brewers should send him to Timbuktu but the fact that you can't even see the other side of this really shows something.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Because in the history of the MLB, a player has never had a bad season to only bounce back the following year. I get that you hate him because he took away your precious Scooter Gennett but you definitely go off the deep end pretending he has no value and that there is no chance he could rebound and be a good player for the Brewers this upcoming season. Your judgment is clouded on this one quite a bit. You may turn out to be right that Villar just stinks and the Brewers should send him to Timbuktu but the fact that you can't even see the other side of this really shows something.

Good points here. The Brewers should be open to upgrades at 2b, and maybe they do go with someone else. But if they do, then Villar shoudl be gone. He shoudln't be a bench player for us.

Archived