Brewer Fanatic

Mariners acquire Dee Gordon

bill hAll Star

Gotta think he's moving to SS. Not sure on the return yet.

Maybe 1b? You can plug in anyone at 1st. I'm very curious the return, I'm expecting maybe Carlson and a lower minors guy. Nothing too crazy.

Their already giving Gamel a shot at 1B (speaking of plugging anyone at 1B).

Gotta think he's moving to SS. Not sure on the return yet.

Maybe 1b? You can plug in anyone at 1st. I'm very curious the return, I'm expecting maybe Carlson and a lower minors guy. Nothing too crazy.

They acquired Ryan Healy from A's in November.

A move to show Stanton they are serious about tearing it all down?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Stanton to SF with Panik coming back is possibly a go?

One of the early trade package rumors had SF sending Panik & a couple prospects.

Panik does not make much $$ as he is still in the arbitration process, but moving him would free up more space for absorbing the Stanton contract and possibly reduce the amount of money the Marlins would need to send.

Would you give up ponce to pay a contract on a 2b who leans on speed that goes til 33 at 13 mil a year who is around 330 obp and 700 ops? Even if their farm is trash Dee's a name more than substance. And they got more than seas #2 prospect.

Would you give up ponce to pay a contract on a 2b who leans on speed that goes til 33 at 13 mil a year who is around 330 obp and 700 ops? Even if their farm is trash Dee's a name more than substance.

You severely discount his steals, but yes I'd give that up. I don't think Ponce will be a major leaguer.

Bob Nightengale‏

@BNightengale

The #Marlins receive RHP Nick Neidert, IF Christopher Torres, and RHP Robert Dugger from #Mariners for 2B Dee Gordon and international signing bonus pool money. Neidert, who spent most of last season in Class A Modest, is considered best of prospects

Bob Nightengale‏

@BNightengale

The #Marlins receive RHP Nick Neidert, IF Christopher Torres, and RHP Robert Dugger from #Mariners for 2B Dee Gordon and international signing bonus pool money. Neidert, who spent most of last season in Class A Modest, is considered best of prospects

This arms race for international signing bonus money is hilarious.

Bob Nightengale‏

@BNightengale

Does it expire at some point?

Bob Nightengale‏

@BNightengale

Quick! Call the Dodgers and see if they want Braun and all our international money for Buehler and Alvarez.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Would you give up ponce to pay a contract on a 2b who leans on speed that goes til 33 at 13 mil a year who is around 330 obp and 700 ops? Even if their farm is trash Dee's a name more than substance.

You severely discount his steals, but yes I'd give that up. I don't think Ponce will be a major leaguer.

Totally agree on Ponce. Gordon scored 114 runs last year and has won a Gold Glove at 2B. He's a far, far better player than Villar.

I do find it kind of hilarious if the Mariners think that after all the money Ohtani gave up to go pro now, and all the endorsement money at stake, that the Mariners think a few hundred grand in bonus money will be the tipping point.

I’m guessing Seattle’s front office thought their meeting went VERY well. Any chance he’s just looking to flip Dee and keeps a portion of the contract to try and get better prospects than he gave? I’m very surprised they gave as much as they did to take him in the first place.

Btw, I think Ponce is a good pitcher and has a decent chance to make the majors and I would have given him up for Dee.

Archived