Brewer Fanatic

Royals

I'd be interested in Herrera. Had a down year last year and would probably only be valued at a 1 to 1.5 WAR player. Estimated to make 8.3 million in arbitration, so he doesn't have much surplus value and it wouldn't be shocking to see the Royals only ask for a couple attractive fringe prospects. The issues that bill HAll STar mentioned are a concern, but that's what physical examinations are for. Will turn 28 years old later this month. I'd still prefer some free agents like Anthony Swarzak, Tommy Hunter, Pat Neshek...but if the Brewers strike out there then Herrera would become one of my heavily preferred trade targets.

I know there have been reports that Scott Alexander may be available, but I question why the Royals would be looking to trade him since he's controlled for five more seasons? Either they don't think he can repeat his 2017 performance...if they do the asking price would have to be pretty significant. Interesting that Alexander is older than Herrera is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived