Brewer Fanatic

Anybody the went to the Clubhouse sale?

We didn't arrive in time for the extra yearbooks/media guides either. We did get a Zach Davies bobble.

I hope this doesn't mean I've become a clubhouse sale snob, but I wasn't impressed with the selection this year at all. Maybe if I wore size S and didn't care how plungey the women's shirts were in front. We found more gifts for family than items for ourselves.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I got two jerseys. One was the "beer" colored for $40, and a St Patricks Day Spring Training jersey for $20. Also picked up a winter hat with ear flaps for my wife, that was $9. At some point after I went I guess they were selling the giveaway flags, but I didn't see them when I was there on Thursday.

I'm curious how much the game used items sell, because the prices just keep increasing, but as I was looking through it all, I didn't really see anyone buying. I did contemplate buying a base, though. Just couldn't get myself to spend $150 on it. We'll see if they show up at the On Deck event.

I also got the Davies bobblehead.

I went for game used items. I think as a collector, we will be continued to be disappointed. Since Dave left there has been a decline overall. Prices are a little better, but I still dont get it. The Braun bat was marked down, but 150 for a base is crazy when during the year they had a sale where they were 50 bucks. Line up cards should not be 50 bucks either, and how helmets were 50 bucks which is a great deal.

We didn't arrive in time for the extra yearbooks/media guides either. We did get a Zach Davies bobble.

I hope this doesn't mean I've become a clubhouse sale snob, but I wasn't impressed with the selection this year at all. Maybe if I wore size S and didn't care how plungey the women's shirts were in front. We found more gifts for family than items for ourselves.

Edited: Maybe our trip was worthwhile after all, since the team store upstairs had a drawing for either a $250 team store shopping spree or a "Majestic On-Field Collection" gift package, and my name was drawn for the latter! I have to get back to MKE by the close of team store business on Saturday to claim it, or they'll draw another winner, but I expect to be able to do that.

According to the email I received, the gift package includes two Majestic jackets (one for men, one for women), a 3/4 sleeve BP pullover and a Ryan Braun autographed ball. I hope at least some of the clothing fits me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived