Brewer Fanatic

Marcus Stroman

http://milwaukee.locals.baseballprospectus.com/2017/12/01/trading-impact-prospects/

Looks like Kyle is suggesting a starting point (hopefully) of Harrison and Burnes. I would hate to trade Burnes after the year he had last year, but if we could get an arm like Stroman or Archer without giving up Brinson/Woodruff/Ortiz I might be ok with it. Harrison has holes in his swing and had a hard time staying healthy until last year and while Burnes' numbers were amazing, he doesn't have amazing "stuff".

Thoughts?

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

I would be open to adding Stroman in the right deal. I think I try to avoid trading Brinson as noted. We would get Stroman for 3 years and he's entering his age 27 season. His numbers would probably improve significantly going from AL east and the hitter friendly environment to the NL. Trading Harrison could be selling high, unless he really has turned a corner and is on his way to being a star. If the Blue Jays are dangling, it's very safe to assume the Brewers have at least checked in.

http://milwaukee.locals.baseballprospectus.com/2017/12/01/trading-impact-prospects/

Looks like Kyle is suggesting a starting point (hopefully) of Harrison and Burnes. I would hate to trade Burnes after the year he had last year, but if we could get an arm like Stroman or Archer without giving up Brinson/Woodruff/Ortiz I might be ok with it. Harrison has holes in his swing and had a hard time staying healthy until last year and while Burnes' numbers were amazing, he doesn't have amazing "stuff".

Thoughts?

Why do you like Ortiz better than Burnes?

Thoughts?

Why do you like Ortiz better than Burnes?

Ortiz comes with more risk due to his conditioning issues, but has always had better stuff and projects to closer to a #2/3 than Burnes.

I actually like Stroman more than Archer. Santana straight up? Then get a bat in FA?

There is no way the Blue Jays accept that deal. It just doesn't make any sense for them to trade Stroman for Santana. If the Blue Jays are going to be trading Stroman they are going to want players with more control than Santana.

Why are the Jays trading Stroman?

They are not.

At least not for the packages that have been offered here.

I believe there is not 1 player on the Brewer roster or in the Brewer farm system that if offered ALONE would be able to get Stroman ALONE or even Stroman plus something else. The Blue Jays (with Mark Shapiro & Ross Atkins) would be needing something more.

After drawing over 3 million fans this year the Jays are looking to remain relevant for at least 1 or 2 more years (until other contract start expiring). IF they can finally keep Aaron Sanchez healthy again, Strohman & Sanchez create a very strong top of the order to face any opponent in the AL.

Why are the Jays trading Stroman?

They are not.

At least not for the packages that have been offered here.

I believe there is not 1 player on the Brewer roster or in the Brewer farm system that if offered ALONE would be able to get Stroman ALONE or even Stroman plus something else. The Blue Jays (with Mark Shapiro & Ross Atkins) would be needing something more.

After drawing over 3 million fans this year the Jays are looking to remain relevant for at least 1 or 2 more years (until other contract start expiring). IF they can finally keep Aaron Sanchez healthy again, Strohman & Sanchez create a very strong top of the order to face any opponent in the AL.

Stroman probably makes more sense as a deadline target then this off season due to the reasons outlined above. I also think it would be fair to ask for something between the sale and Quintana deals in return. Whether we should pay that is a different question

I love Stroman to the point that he is one of my favorite pitchers and one of the guys I would most like to see in a Brewers uniform but I simply don't believe that Toronto will put him on the block for at least another half season for many of the reasons outlined above. If they do I would jump all over him though, seems like a ton of upside in acquiring a guy with his top of the rotation talent.

Archived