Brewer Fanatic

Christian Yelich

In my opinion you do not make this move unless you have a solid trade set up for Braun and Santana, and are OK with going into 2018 with an offense of Brinson, Phillps and Yelich with Bronson as your #4

Charles Bronson can be my 4th OF any day.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I just thank the lord that no one here is David Sterns.

And I thank the Lord you're not. See how easy that is?

Hey check your PMs

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm really not sure if we should be emptying our farm and you have to assume P prospects would be involved, kind of the last thing MKE should be giving up. Kind of a numbers game there so need as many as possible to get a few to hit. Don't want to play scared but the Nats, Dodgers, and Cubs are basically loaded. I'd rather do smaller less risky things to be in the WC chase and with some luck the division while keeping the farm intact for a couple years down the line. Just adding one more P along the lines of Cobb probably puts their over/under on Ws around 84-85. You're involved in that ballpark while keeping your farm and still have fairly low payroll.

I'd go Brinson, Burns, I. Diaz, Peralta, and Pennington and not feel like the farm was emptied.

You eat Prado's contract along with that package and you are there. As the substitute Marlins representative I'd do that deal....Christian Yelich/Martin Prado for Lewis Brinson/Corbin Burnes/Isan Diaz/Freddy Peralta/Josh Pennington.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You what'd be neat? If people make a trade proposal that you think is unfair, you just say "I don't like that trade proposal. here is how I would improve it..." This whole "That's stupid!" "You're nuts if you think..." schitck is old and annoying and it causes childish back and forth posts to escalate. So be an adult. thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm really not sure if we should be emptying our farm and you have to assume P prospects would be involved, kind of the last thing MKE should be giving up. Kind of a numbers game there so need as many as possible to get a few to hit. Don't want to play scared but the Nats, Dodgers, and Cubs are basically loaded. I'd rather do smaller less risky things to be in the WC chase and with some luck the division while keeping the farm intact for a couple years down the line. Just adding one more P along the lines of Cobb probably puts their over/under on Ws around 84-85. You're involved in that ballpark while keeping your farm and still have fairly low payroll.

I'd go Brinson, Burns, I. Diaz, Peralta, and Pennington and not feel like the farm was emptied.

You eat Prado's contract along with that package and you are there. As the substitute Marlins representative I'd do that deal....Christian Yelich/Martin Prado for Lewis Brinson/Corbin Burnes/Isan Diaz/Freddy Peralta/Josh Pennington.

If thats what it takes i hope Stearns low balled em.

You what'd be neat? If people make a trade proposal that you think is unfair, you just say "I don't like that trade proposal. here is how I would improve it..." This whole "That's stupid!" "You're nuts if you think..." schitck is old and annoying and it causes childish back and forth posts to escalate. So be an adult. thanks.

You missed the best response, "if you make that offer, you'll hear an instant click on the other end." Apparently GM's hang up on each other constantly...

Not only that but none of us really know what it would take to get the deals done or we wouldn’t be posting on message boards.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

True. I'll try to do better. I hate it and I still did it.

Why on earth does every made up offer on these boards always includes Isan Diaz? Geez, it's maddening.

Because our first round pick is better and Diaz just hit 710 ops in A ball and isn't much of a defender.

Admittedly it's a sell low on the guy but he has to start hitting before he can be taken very seriously.

Why on earth does every made up offer on these boards always includes Isan Diaz? Geez, it's maddening.

Because our first round pick is better and Diaz just hit 710 ops in A ball and isn't much of a defender.

Admittedly it's a sell low on the guy but he has to start hitting before he can be taken very seriously.

That was the first time he hasn't hit and you are overstating the severity of his offensive season. That would also be the first time I'd heard him described as not much of a defender. Hiura makes giving him up easier but he is a quality prospect.

Probably panic due to his down year last year. Really think he bounces back in AA next year. Him and Erceg.

I can't speak for everyone here but for me that's not it at all. I love Isan Diaz. I think he's a heck of a prospect. If the Marlins are going to value him the same as Dubon, I'll trade Dubon. But since they're not, I'd rather keep Hiura. Diaz is not being suggested in trades as a 'throw-in', he's being suggested for the opposite reason, he has substantial value, and it's going to take a substantial value offer to land Christian Yelich or other top trade target. So it makes total sense to deal from a position where you already have a higher rated prospect of similar age at the same position.

We won 86 games last year and we have a heck of a 40 man roster crunch coming up after 2018. So naturally there is some discussion about using prospects to upgrade the MLB roster now. Guys like Brinson, Ortiz, Diaz, Harrison, etc, are involved in the discussion because these are the types of prospects you're going to have to give up to land guys like Yelich and Archer. If that's too high of a price for some people to pay, sure, I get it, but other people have good reasons for wanting to go the other way with it that are by no means crazy. If all you're willing to offer up is the next tier guys like Dubon, Cody Ponce and Trey Supak, you're not going to land the kind of fish we're talking about.

You missed the best response, "if you make that offer, you'll hear an instant click on the other end." Apparently GM's hang up on each other constantly...

Ah let's be honest, they're all texting each other these days.

Ah let's be honest, they're all texting each other these days.

Their actually faxing so they can send butt pictures instead of hanging up.

Probably panic due to his down year last year. Really think he bounces back in AA next year. Him and Erceg.

I can't speak for everyone here but for me that's not it at all. I love Isan Diaz. I think he's a heck of a prospect. If the Marlins are going to value him the same as Dubon, I'll trade Dubon. But since they're not, I'd rather keep Hiura. Diaz is not being suggested in trades as a 'throw-in', he's being suggested for the opposite reason, he has substantial value, and it's going to take a substantial value offer to land Christian Yelich or other top trade target. So it makes total sense to deal from a position where you already have a higher rated prospect of similar age at the same position.

We won 86 games last year and we have a heck of a 40 man roster crunch coming up after 2018. So naturally there is some discussion about using prospects to upgrade the MLB roster now. Guys like Brinson, Ortiz, Diaz, Harrison, etc, are involved in the discussion because these are the types of prospects you're going to have to give up to land guys like Yelich and Archer. If that's too high of a price for some people to pay, sure, I get it, but other people have good reasons for wanting to go the other way with it that are by no means crazy. If all you're willing to offer up is the next tier guys like Dubon, Cody Ponce and Trey Supak, you're not going to land the kind of fish we're talking about.

Very well said.

Archived