Brewer Fanatic

Christian Yelich

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Generally hate the arguments of finding the exception to rules and then acting like everyone can do it. Pedroia as an example in baseball. Or pointing out some 29 yr old that all of a sudden figures it out, sure it happens but that doesn't mean every 29 yr old will or that it's still not extremely unlikely to happen. Say in basketball, someone says a guy is too short to play PF in the NBA. Well Charles Barkley did it, so why can't he?, etc. I just don't think this type of thing bring anything to a conversation. This is all about making best guess/projects, weigh risk and making decisions with the best odds of working out. Sometimes things defy odds, but it doesn't mean the odds were wrong or that every person similar will also defy them.

Dubon is a big step back from arcia? Upside wise sure. Offensively, likely. Defensively, not really. Every report says the guys a very good fielder.

So our 8 hole hitter going from solid to weak (assumed) is a big step back? Its about the stack. Yelich is clear top of the order. Arcia needs a lot of unlikely progress to be a top of the order guy and its almost impossible to see him in yelichs vacinity offensively. Hell sogard can adequately play ss too. Villar eh.

You sign walker and move the 2b jumble to a ss jumble and add in dubon at some point. We really dont take a huge step back at all. Unless arcia dramatically improves with the bat and consistency in the field.

Understand I'm not dumping on a 23 year old dude with impressive tools just because it hasn't come together yet... but to call losing arcia with villar sogard dubon around a huge step back is projecting arcia quite a bit.

If Dubon was any good at all, he would be our starting 2B in 2018 instead of wasting assets to trade for a 2B.

No, the Brewers will not be trading Arcia when they have no plan B there to acquire a OF when we are filthy with OFers including our top prospect.

Here's the deal, 2 things.

All quiet on Yelich so far today. Ball is in Marlins court and now we wait.

I am off to an ice fishing tourney where reception is shotty at best. That means you will not hear from me until Tuesday.

Until then. Go Brewers!!!!!

I am off to an ice fishing tourney where reception is shotty at best. That means you will not hear from me until Tuesday.

Do you know how much time we are giving them?

First time poster, long time reader.

I think any deal involving Arcia is an automatic no deal. I realize opinions on him can vary, but he’s proven to be more than valuable defensively and really came on at the plate. You don’t trade those kind of shortstops at that age.. you just don’t.

Having said that, I absolutely love the idea of getting Yelich. He’s been one of my favorite non Brewers for quite some time and seeing what he could do at Miller Park would be something. He also gives us something that I think was lacking last year, and that’s the CONSISTENT ability to get on base and set the table for guys like Braun and Shaw.

Happy to be on board with all of you. Go Crew

I would assume if someone else was topping our offer, something would have trickled down trying to see if we will further increase our offer. I feel like this gets finalized in the next day or two.

Can you give me some insight into what fish you will be catching and whether or not that will surpass the expectations going into the weekend?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Can you give me a percentage of how likely it is you will win this tournament? Enjoy your tournament.

Someone should get this guy some internet money for all of these new members he has brought in.

I would assume if someone else was topping our offer, something would have trickled down trying to see if we will further increase our offer. I feel like this gets finalized in the next day or two.

You think the deal gets done huh? I'm not sure what to think yet.

I would love to see Yelich/Barraclough deal... Can you imagine Barraclough, Hader and Knebel? That's nasty boys type stuff there.

In a little blurb on the MLB hot stove it sounded like Miami was not thrilled with any offers they have received for Yelich as of yet ........ but of course they are going to say that in an effort to get teams to up there offers ......in all my years of being a baseball fan I have never heard were a team ups there offer because someone goes on tv or radio and says they need more to make a deal LOL

In a little blurb on the MLB hot stove it sounded like Miami was not thrilled with any offers they have received for Yelich as of yet ........ but of course they are going to say that in an effort to get teams to up there offers ......in all my years of being a baseball fan I have never heard were a team ups there offer because someone goes on tv or radio and says they need more to make a deal LOL

That info seems dated as just yesterday they said the Brewers were the first "serious offer" they've received and that offer reportedly went out on Tuesday. HH19 say's it's going to sting. All signs point to it being a substantial offer that they are seriously considering.

If Dubon was any good at all, he would be our starting 2B in 2018 instead of wasting assets to trade for a 2B.

No, the Brewers will not be trading Arcia when they have no plan B there to acquire a OF when we are filthy with OFers including our top prospect.

Dubon hit .272/.320/.420 in 58 games at Colorado Springs in 2017.

Perez and Sogard combined to hit .336 and slug .484 in their stints in CS in 2016 and 2017. A platoon of those two or a rebound from Villar is clearly superior to Dubon at this point. They are hoping to find an even better alternative at 2B. The plan B at SS right now is Perez and Sogard also but that's only if Arcia is out with an injury. Now if Dubon picks up offensively at AAA this year, he still certainly is young enough to greatly improve his status.

That info seems dated as just yesterday they said the Brewers were the first "serious offer" they've received and that offer reportedly went out on Tuesday. HH19 say's it's going to sting. All signs point to it being a substantial offer that they are seriously considering.

Was on MLB s show this morning 10 ish is when I seen it

Was on MLB s show this morning 10 ish is when I seen it

Serious doesn't mean the same thing as like.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Dubon was a bit of a letdown this year. It's possible he just doesn't hit enough at the MLB level to be a productive starter. He's still likely a future big leaguer, just more likely as a super utility/pinch runner type. Which has value. I just don't know if he is anyone's shortstop of the future. But like others have said he could bounce back.

Dubon was a bit of a letdown this year. It's possible he just doesn't hit enough at the MLB level to be a productive starter. He's still likely a future big leaguer, just more likely as a super utility/pinch runner type. Which has value. I just don't know if he is anyone's shortstop of the future. But like others have said he could bounce back.

Assuming he isn't dealt, I imagine Dubon eventually will replace Perez as the super utility guy, perhaps by the end of 2018.

Can you give me some insight into what fish you will be catching and whether or not that will surpass the expectations going into the weekend?

:laughing +1

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Morosi just on MLB Tonight...

Said Marlins will only consider deal if they get Brinson in return.

And he said to keep a very close eye on us.

I like Brinson a lot but his ceiling is what Yelich is already. Make the move.

For some reason this makes me think it’s gonna get done tonight or tomorrow.

Archived