Brewer Fanatic

Christian Yelich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thing is for every deal that goes through there are probably 10 that don't. We might be hearing about the other 10.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was taking it hook, line and sinker a couple days ago. Now I am skeptical. Basically its because this thread has now discussed two deals that our "insider" basically assured would happen. He seemed quite optimistic about Darvish as well.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ...

Tough place for HighHeat19 to be in if he’s actually being fed the information he’s sharing. If the moves actually play out he looks like a king on the forums. If they don’t, people will always question anything he posts. Tough spot. Hopefully he’s being truthful and eventually something rolls into what he’s been feeding us.

Trust but verify, right.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The free-agent market is like a house of cards right now swaying in the wind. Something big's gonna happen in the next 24 hours. Maybe not necessarily with the Brewers but teams want to get this stuff done to organize for ST. It's amazing how many names are still out there.

He said earlier today that it could be a week. Could be blowing smoke. Who really knows?

I'm in I'll believe it when I see it mode.

I was taking it hook, line and sinker a couple days ago. Now I am skeptical. Basically its because this thread has now discussed two deals that our "insider" basically assured would happen. He seemed quite optimistic about Darvish as well.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ...

I still assure you that Darvish will be a Cub and someone asked “my opinion” not my insiders opinion on Yelich. And I said 95 percent chance that Yelich will be a Brewer based on what I know. And that still holds true. So put your Willy back in your pants and your gonna have to wait a bit for your copy of Hustler to come in.

If your job was buying and selling multi million dollar machines. And if the machines you bought broke down you lost your million dollar job you may take a day or two or even three before you made that purchase.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

With regard to some of the stuff HighHeat has posted, I can't say anything about any specific moves. But I can add that my own sources have said that the Brewers have had a lot of balls in the air for a long time. I posted this same thing weeks ago when many people were yelling at Stearns to make a move.

The fact is, the team has been working really hard to make stuff happen - but they are not going to be idiots. They are going to make moves when it is right for them.

Like HH posted, there are a lot of moving parts going on right now. I have been hesitant to get too excited about any transactions because as he said, one move can make everything fall apart.

I will also add that the lack of movement in the FA market has hampered Milwaukee's moves. As some of the big names come off the board, you'll likely see the Brewers become more active. I know that the team has been looking specifically at quality starting pitching - both FA and trade targets. But that was weeks ago, so some things may have changed.

None of this is new or surprising. It's just the nature of the beast right now. Things will happen when - and if - they happen.

I still assure you that Darvish will be a Cub and someone asked “my opinion” not my insiders opinion on Yelich. And I said 95 percent chance that Yelich will be a Brewer based on what I know. And that still holds true. So put your Willy back in your pants and your gonna have to wait a bit for your copy of Hustler to come in.

If your job was buying and selling multi million dollar machines. And if the machines you bought broke down you lost your million dollar job you may take a day or two or even three before you made that purchase.

I (as well as many others) appreciate the information!

Hey man, if you are going to claim to be an insider, but provide vague info, you have to expect skeptics. I'd love to see Yelich as much as anyone here. But your posts are getting a lot of fans' hopes up around here in what's been a slow as molasses offseason. I hope you are right, but I guess nothing would surprise me at this point.

HH has been eerily quiet on the matter. I want to believe his sources. I really do.

He said earlier today that it could be a week. Could be blowing smoke. Who really knows?

When he said the Brewers upped their offer, the first thing I thought was that DS doesn't just up an offer (as with most GMs)... if they increase the offer, they ask for more back. Could be more pieces involved if the Brewers ask for Barraclagh or Straily. Might take a while to straighten out.

Also could be a third team involved. Brewers could be taking on Castro, but with the intent of moving him to another team. That goes back to the team A scenario that fell apart because of how much salary to take on. Brewers could be coming back and saying, "We'll take on more of that contract, but you take Castro back." Castro was a 2 bWAR player last year... better to get that back than just send MIL cash.

Had Jungmann still been here, I don't think he would have minded being traded to Miami at all. I don't think Broxton would mind either - knowing he has a MLB roster spot as opposed to possibly being sent to the minors or shuttled back and forth. No state income tax, Miami Beach... not a terrible place to be, especially when you're *only* making $500K/year.

If you'll recall from his little legal fiasco last offseason, Broxton's from Tampa, so he's also a FL kid. Tampa & Miami are different worlds, but Miami's a whole lot closer to Tampa than Milwaukee is.

I trust HH19. His scoops reflect his insider's take on the Brewers' FO's perspectives/hopes/attempts. Why would he risk discrediting himself by throwing out lots of BS?

To Brew4U's comments, if this stuff doesn't happen, it's no reflection at all on HH19 but of either of the Brewers' choices or the choices of the other team(s) or FAs involved in these scenarios. It takes 2 to tango and we know the Brewers are trying to dance. If Miami nixes this deal or trades Yelich to another team, that's Miami's decision, not Stearns', and therefore doesn't undermine or discredit HH19 in the least.

Hey man, if you are going to claim to be an insider, but provide vague info, you have to expect skeptics. I'd love to see Yelich as much as anyone here. But your posts are getting a lot of fans' hopes up around here in what's been a slow as molasses offseason. I hope you are right, but I guess nothing would surprise me at this point.

Providing very specific information is how you lose any sources you may have. Please put him on ignore rather than push away this kind of information.

When he said the Brewers upped their offer, the first thing I thought was that DS doesn't just up an offer (as with most GMs)... if they increase the offer, they ask for more back. Could be more pieces involved if the Brewers ask for Barraclagh or Straily. Might take a while to straighten out.

Also could be a third team involved. Brewers could be taking on Castro, but with the intent of moving him to another team. That goes back to the team A scenario that fell apart because of how much salary to take on. Brewers could be coming back and saying, "We'll take on more of that contract, but you take Castro back." Castro was a 2 bWAR player last year... better to get that back than just send MIL cash.

Had Jungmann still been here, I don't think he would have minded being traded to Miami at all. I don't think Broxton would mind either - knowing he has a MLB roster spot as opposed to possibly being sent to the minors or shuttled back and forth. No state income tax, Miami Beach... not a terrible place to be, especially when you're *only* making $500K/year.

If you'll recall from his little legal fiasco last offseason, Broxton's from Tampa, so he's also a FL kid. Tampa & Miami are different worlds, but Miami's a whole lot closer to Tampa than Milwaukee is.

I trust HH19. His scoops reflect his insider's take on the Brewers' FO's perspectives/hopes/attempts. I doubt he'd share what he's sharing if it were BS.

To Brew4U's comments, If this stuff doesn't happen, it's no reflection at all on HH19 but of either of the Brewers' choices or the choices of the other team(s) or FAs involved in these scenarios. If Miami nixes this deal or trades Yelich to another team, that's Miami's decision, not Stearns', and therefore doesn't undermine or discredit HH19 in the least.

Thanks, but I don’t think I’m going to be wrong. Not saying it couldn’t happen.

I have always been in support of HH19. Just was saying he’s in a tough position with a lot of members. I think it’s great that he’s sharing, right or wrong. Said that a few days in a row now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Providing very specific information is how you lose any sources you may have. Please put him on ignore rather than push away this kind of information.

Bingo! If I provided all the numbers to powerball 5 hours before they drew it on “live” tv I would have the FBI at my house. Same theory holds true here. As far as I know the Brewers FO thinks I’m an idiot. Best keep it that way.

HH19, I'm hoping you're right, too. This is cool stuff. Waiting for this to unfold now is as difficult now as it was when I was 7 years old, waiting on Christmas Eve for it finally to be the 25th. Tick... tick... tick...

So are you saying he is making this stuff up? You are upset that people are getting their hopes up about a baseball team in January, and that the trade may fall through? Come on, this is ridiculous. Hh19 is giving us something that I feel is legit based upon past experiences with his sources. If you think he is a troll and making all of this up then stop opening the thread. I for one am glad to have SOMETHING to talk about.

It’s better than clancyphile coming up with a made up trade proposal that ends with Ryan Braun playing 3b again.

Who's pushing away information? Being skeptical of information is a far, far cry from pushing it away. I appreciate HH's posts over the last few days, as they have brought a modicum of excitement to what's been, as I said before, a slow as molasses offseason for the Brewers.

If this Yelich deal comes to fruition, I will be happy, and it will lend some verification to HH's insider cred, even though it was out that the Brewers had a trade offer for Yelich before HH started talking about it. If they don't land Yelich ... eh, it happens. Trades fall through probably more than any of us realize. I just see people on this thread begging HH for any snippet of info, and living on every post, and that at times isn't fair to him or them.

I've had insider stuff a couple of times in the past, (I have nothing at all right now), and I've been told flat out not to get too specific, and never to quote my source.

It's years ago now, but one time it was a player who gave me some very detailed stuff, and all he closed with was, "If you ever mention my name, you'll never hear from me again." Well, he wound up signing with another team that offseason .... and I've never heard from him again anyway!

When someone trusts you on a level that could cause them a great deal of trouble, you've simply got to respect that - I have no idea who knows what, but generally speaking, I know this stuff goes on.

This is a world of instant reaction. Everyone wants it, but it doesn't always happen.

HH19 is providing inside information from a business that sometimes takes its sweet time. There is no deadline. Spring training begins in 3 weeks, the regular season another 6 weeks after that.

I really appreciate the inside info. Makes January somewhat bearable. But, as with any inside info, it needs to be taken in context. Just because the Crew is in talks for someone, doesn't mean it will happen. 9 out of 10 trades discussed don't happen.

I know someone yesterday mentioned Arcia as a potential target for Yelich, but I don't think there was anything to back that up. Well, here's something: https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/1/24/16925838/miami-marlins-christian-yelich-mlb-trade-rumors-target-milwaukee-brewers-shortstop-orlando-arcia

Personally, I don't like the idea of creating a hole to fill one, and it is arguable that the team even has an OF hole to fill. I would imagine that Arcia's and Yelich's values are somewhat similar. Perhaps if the Marlins also send Starlin Castro, this works, but I think that would be a downgrade for the Brewers. Maybe the team thinks Dubon is closer to ready than a lot of us think? I'm fine with giving up prospects for Yelich, but when we start talking about fleecing the MLB roster, that's a little more scary.

Archived