Brewer Fanatic

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2017 Post-Season Edition

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

#1 ( - ) Lewis Brinson, OF, age 23

869 points (25 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit .331 last year at AAA. Fast and athletic, outstanding defender.

The not-so-excitement: Struggled in 21 games in Milwaukee (going 5 for 47). Stung by the injury bug again.

The Skinny: Five tool player who simply needs to stay healthy and get consistent reps.

Likely 2018 Destination: Milwaukee Brewers

#2 (+3) Corbin Burnes, RHP, age 23

817 points (2 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: 1.67 ERA, 140K, and only 36 walks in 145.2 IP between Carolina and Biloxi. That just screams awesome.

The not-so-excitement: Might not have that true ‘out’ pitch to take him to another level.

The Skinny: Amazing 2017 for Burnes. If he can keep up his success he could very well be in Milwaukee by mid-season.

Likely 2018 Destination: AAA Colorado Springs

#3 ( - ) Brandon Woodruff, RHP, age 25

791 points (4 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Displayed confidence and poise in his first taste of the Big Leagues. Tossed 6.1 innings of shutout ball in his debut.

The not-so-excitement: Showed some inconsistencies in his mechanics. Got hit hard at the end of the season.

The Skinny: With Jimmy Nelson injured to start 2018, and Matt Garza gone, Woodruff will likely be in the Brewers rotation in 2018.

#4 ( - ) Keston Hiura, 2B, age 21

786 points (1 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: The guy can hit. .371 BA between Arizona and Wisconsin. 25 extra base hits in 167 ABs.

The not-so-excitement: Needs to get on the field and not just DH. Strike out rate was a bit high - pushing 20%. Questions on how much power Hiura will produce.

The Skinny: Best pure hitter in the system.

Likely 2018 Destination: A+ Carolina

#5 (+3) Brett Phillips, OF, age 23

755 points (3 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: After an exceptional year at AAA, Phillips more than held his own in a 37 game trial with the Brewers, hitting .276 on 87 ABs. Showed an 80 arm in Milwaukee.

The not-so-excitement: Strikes out too much. Will likely have some growing pains early on in the majors.

The Skinny: Even if he strikes out too much, the talented Phillips demonstrated his value with the bat and glove during last September’s playoff run. Expect him to be back in Milwaukee in 2018.

#6 ( - ) Luis Ortiz, RHP, age 22

655 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Probably no pitcher in the Milwaukee system sports the tools and command needed to be a front-line pitcher than Ortiz.

The not-so-excitement: Needs to improve his health and durability and go deeper into games. Premium stuff hasn’t always translated into good performances.

The Skinny: Expect the Crew to push Ortiz’s workload in 2018. The young man has all the skills in the world - but people will want him to take a step forward next season.

Likely 2018 Destination: AA Biloxi or AAA Colorado Springs

#7 (+5) Freddy Peralta, RHP, age 21

625 points (1 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Between Carolina and Biloxi, struck out 169 batters in 120 innings (leading all of the minor leagues in strikeout rate) with a 2.63 ERA.

The not-so-excitement: Walked 62 batters last year.

The Skinny: After an electrifying 2017, Peralta will no longer fly under people’s radar. With his smaller size, some speculate he is destined for the bullpen, but if he can improve his control - just a bit more - he could easily be in the Brewer rotation in the future.

Likely 2018 Destination: AA Biloxi

#8 (+5) Monte Harrison, OF, age 22

614 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit 21 HRs and stole 27 bases (87.1% success rate). Healthy all year, and moved from Wisconsin to Carolina without any dip in performance.

The not-so-excitement: Struck out 139 times. Would like to see a little higher walk rate.

The Skinny: May not ever hit for a high BA, but speed and power combo is one of the best in the Milwaukee system.

#9 (-2) Isan Diaz, 2B/SS, age 21

599 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Showed a nice combination of power (13 HR) and patience (62 walks) in a tough hitting environment.

The not-so-excitement: Struggled to make contact in 2017 (.222 BA). Ended the season early with a broken hamate bone.

The Skinny: After an impressive 2016, Diaz floundered. There is a ton of upside in Diaz, but he will need to answer some questions in 2018.

Likely 2018 Destination: A+ Carolina or AA Biloxi

#10 (+4) Lucas Erceg, 3B, age 22

564 points - 35 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hits the ball hard. Plus arm and solid defense at the hot corner. Struggled early in 2017 (.651 OPS), but improved (.796 OPS) in the second half of the season.

The not-so-excitement: Needs to be a little more selective at the plate.

The Skinny: The combination of plus power and good defense makes Erceg an intriguing prospect who could take the step to the next level with a little improvement.

#11 (+4) Tristen Lutz, OF, age 19

551 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Big, powerful young hitter who pounded the Arizona Rookie League and the Pioneer League to the tune of a .957 OPS in 161 ABs. Also, he improved as he moved up to Helena - upping his batting average and walk rate while cutting down on his strikeouts.

The not-so-excitement: Enthusiasm should be tempered a bit due to the very hitter-friendly environment of the Pioneer League.

The Skinny: Lutz did everything you could have wanted from a kid out of high school. He appears to be one of the better power bats to join the organization in years.

Likely 2018 Destination: A- Wisconsin

#12 (-2) Trent Clark, OF, age 21

448 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Healthy last year, Clark stole 37 bases and drew 98 walks while producing a .360 OBP.

The not-so-excitement: Clark bat did not come around as anticipated as he struggled with a .223 BA. 141 strike outs are not fun.

The Skinny: Patient to a fault, Clark has some intriguing skills, but he’s going to have to hit better. He has reworked his swing since high school, so perhaps another year of experience will get him to the next level.

Likely 2018 Destination: A+ Carolina or AA Bilox

#13 (-4) Corey Ray, OF, age 23

421 points - 34 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Excellent athlete with exceptional bat speed, speed and make up. Will take his walks and stole 24 bases last year.

The not-so-excitement: Production. Hit just .238. Time to put all the tools and intangibles together.

The Skinny: Talented athlete who’s skills haven’t translated into quality production as of yet. Make or break might be a bit overly dramatic, but it’s safe to say that a lot of people will be watching the former #5 overall pick.

#14 (-3) Mauricico Dubon, SS/2B, age 23

420 points - 33 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit .274 and stole 38 bases between AA and AAA.

The not-so-excitement: Benefited greatly from the thin air of Colorado Springs (hitting .336 at home vs .196 on the road).

The Skinny: The glove and speed are there - but can he improve with the bat to be more than a utility infielder?

#15 (+1) Jake Gatewood, 1B, age 22

360 points - 34 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit 15 HR and 40 doubles to go with a .264 BA - mostly at Carolina.

The not-so-excitement: Strikes out a lot (161 times).

The Skinny: Tremendous improvements in 2017 give hope that Gatewood can develop into a plus power hitter.

#16 (+1) Phil Bickford, RHP, age 22

298 points - 30 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Healthy and ready to go after missing most of 2017. Has displayed a plus fastball in his career - striking out 183 in 159.1 innings.

The not-so-excitement: Had a drug suspension and then an injury last season. Needs to stay healthy.

The Skinny: A lot of talent undermined by some poor choices and injuries, Bickford will need to step up to show he’s serious about a baseball career.

Likely 2018 Destination: A+ Carolina (very much a guess)

#17 (+1) Cody Ponce, RHP, age 23

248 points - 28 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Finished up 2017 with a nice 17.2 inning stint at Biloxi (1.53 ERA). Limits walks. Threw a career high 137.2 innings in 2017.

The not-so-excitement: Surrenders too many hits. Has has erratic control at times. Needs to stay healthy to keep progressing.

The Skinny: Ponce doesn’t do anything great, but he has enough in the toolbox to be a viable back-of-the-rotation arm, which - if achieved - is very valuable.

#18 (+4) Troy Stokes Jr., OF, age 22

229 points - 27 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit 20 HR and stole 30 bases last year. Strong walk rate helps counter his low batting average.

The not-so-excitement: Hit tool is mediocre - batting average was .251 last season - and .260 for his career.

The Skinny: Stepped up big last year, moving onto many people’s radars. Has produced better numbers than many more heralded prospects, but he may lack any one great skill that will make him more than a utility OF.

Likely 2018 Destination: AA Biloxi or AAA Colorado Springs

#19 (+7) Taylor Williams, RHP, age 26

207 points - 23 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Welcome back to the Top 25! Struck out 57 in only 46.2 IP at Biloxi. After missing two full seasons, it was nice to see Williams return to the mound. He even got a September call up to Milwaukee.

The not-so-excitement: Needs to show better control - walking 21 batters at Biloxi. Brought along slowly, Williams only threw 51 innings in 2017.

The Skinny: Showed he was back last year. Williams was ranked as high as #8 on our prospect poll. Don’t be surprised if he lands in Milwaukee’s bullpen in 2018.

Likely 2018 Destination: Milwaukee Brewers (my not-so-scientific wild guess) or AAA Colorado Springs

#20 ( - ) Marcos Diplan, RHP, age 21

192 points - 30 of 36 ballots

The excitement: 119K in a career high 125.2 IP.

The not-so-excitement: Walked 71 batters.

The Skinny: Diplan has stagnated the last year and a half after dominating the lower realms of the minors.

#21 (+3) Mario Feliciano, C, age 19

154 points - 27 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Held his own in the Midwest League at age 18, where he caught 27.4% of runners trying to steal bases.

The not-so-excitement: Hitting has been solid, but nothing special - which is not a shocker considering his young age.

The Skinny: Talented young player who handled full season ball - and the difficult position of catcher - without any issues. The Brewers feel that power will develop in time.

Likely 2018 Destination: A+ Carolina

#22 (+1) Jacob Nottingham, C, age 22

138 points - 22 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Caught 40% of runners trying to steal. Saw improvements in walk rate, strikeout rate, on-base % and slugging %.

The not-so-excitement: Hit only .209.

The Skinny: While Nottingham was better behind the dish in 2017, his .209 batting average was a disappointment. Still only 22, the club will hope he regains his hitting stroke of 2015 when he hit .316.

#23 (+2) KJ Harrison, C, age 21

132 points - 22 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Hit .308 with a .934 OPS at Helena in his debut.

The not-so-excitement: Has only caught 17 games in the pros. Struck out more than 25% of the time.

The Skinny: Polished college hitter needs to get a chance to see if he can stay behind the plate as a pro.

Likely 2018 Destination: A- Wisconsin

#24 ( new ) Jordan Yamamoto, RHP, age 21

129 points - 20 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Welcome to the Top 25, Jordan! After a fine 2016, Yamamoto followed it up by striking out 113 in 111 innings (plus a nifty 2.51 ERA) in Carolina.

The not-so-excitement: While he can hit 95 on the radar gun, at 6’0” tall, Yamamoto doesn’t have a lot of projection going forward.

The Skinny: The lack of projection has kept Yamamoto from being higher on prospect lists. His development, however, has been encouraging - and it will be interesting to see how his stuff works against higher competition in 2018.

25T (-4) Trey Supak, RHP, age 21

115 points - 22 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Was lights out at Wisconsin, producing a 1.76 ERA in 41 innings, including 53K and just 10BB.

The not-so-excitement: Command was spotty after promotion to Carolina, resulting in a 4.60 ERA and a greatly reduced strikeout rate - and a greatly increased walk rate.

The Skinny: Despite having four years of pro ball under his belt, Supak has only thrown 224 innings despite mostly starting. He is a big man with a live arm - we just need to find out how to get the Trey Supak who dominated the Midwest League.

#25T (-6) Kodi Medeiros, LHP, age 21

115 points - 22 of 36 ballots

The excitement: Struck out 121 in 128.1 innings while greatly improving most of his peripherals. Still gets lit up by right handers.

The not-so-excitement: Had a 4.98 ERA and walked too many batters while repeating A+.

The Skinny: Is a full-time conversion to reliever in the future for the one-time top prospect? Medeiros had an ERA of 2.31 out of the pen last year - compared to 5.98 out of the rotation.

Likely 2018 Destination: AA Biloxi (just guessing the team will push him)

The rest

Adrian Houser - 78 points

Bubba Derby - 75

Josh Pennington - 61

Gabriel Garcia - 37

Caden Lemons - 34

Dallas Carroll - 22

Carlos Herrera - 22

Jon Perrin - 21

Aaron Wilkerson - 21

Nathan Kirby - 16

Zack Brown - 13

Larry Ernesto - 11

Ernesto Wilson Martinez - 9

Cooper Hummel - 9

Jay Feliciano - 8

Gilbert Lara - 7

Nate Griep - 6

Jorge Lopez - 6

Demi Orimoloye - 4

Je’Von Ward - 2

Tyrone Taylor - 2

Carlos Rodriguez - 1

Nick Ramirez - 1

Jean Carmona - 1

Braden Webb - 1

All ages are as of April 1, 2018.

Full voting thread: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=36051

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone who participated in our latest Top 25 poll.

Here are some stats and numbers:

Graduates from Top 25: Josh Hader

Newcomers to Top 25: Jordan Yamamoto

Number of ballots: 36

Number of players on ballots: 51

Mr. Irrelevant (1 point): Nick Ramirez, Jean Carmona, Braden Webb, Carlos Rodriguez

Risers: Taylor Williams (+7), Monte Harrison (+5), F. Peralta (+5)

Fallers: Medeiros (-6), Ray (-4), Supak (-4)

Please know that all write ups are my own observations and opinions - as are the guesses as to each players likely 2018 destination.

If you see any mistakes, please let me know. Sometimes autocorrect will trick me. Or I’ll cut and paste something incorrectly. Other times I just mess something up. I will update as needed.

Observations from the latest poll

- Not a ton of movement from the last poll, which isn’t a surprise.

- It was nice to see Taylor Williams back in the Top 25 after being gone for two years. With a strong spring camp, Adrian Houser may be the next one-time prospect to get back on the board.

- Sad to see one time top prospects, including Tyrone Taylor and Jorge Lopez, fall to mere after thoughts. Clint Coulter didn’t garner a single ballot.

Trey "super" isn't bolded. I was just about to ask who medeiros was tied with since I didn't see him in my initial skim. Also his name but I kinda like the change :)

Also kind of a random thought, but I noticed diplan stayed at 20, which must be pretty difficult to do at that low in the rankings, and it got me wondering if while staying in the same rank he gained or lost votes. With there being different numbers of ballets each time maybe an avg woukd work best. So I was wondering if maybe, in future polls at least, you could include like an avg and how it changed from the last poll? Obviously I would understand if you didn't want to if it's too much work, since this is already a pretty huge task.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Glad to see Peralta start to deservedly get some recognition.

Medeiros as the big faller was a bit surprising to me. I realize his results weren't great, but I do think he showed some signs at times in 2017 of finally starting to come around. I think they need to ditch the starter path for him in 2018 and concentrate on developing him as a full time reliever.

Medeiros as the big faller was a bit surprising to me. I realize his results weren't great, but I do think he showed some signs at times in 2017 of finally starting to come around. I think they need to ditch the starter path for him in 2018 and concentrate on developing him as a full time reliever.

If that is the case then that is reason enough for him to drop as relievers don't do too well in these polls.

Thanks as always for putting this together. Having done it once, it's a pain in the arse.

It's easy to play the what-if game with draft picks, but it kind of makes me sick to think where the Brewers would be if they had drafted Trea Turner instead of Medeiros and Puk instead of Ray. Both were the next pick after the Brewers picks.

The guys who missed the list add to my optimism about the system, especially the pitchers. The fact that Houser, Derby, Pennington, Brown, Herrera, Wilkerson, Perrin and Lemons are all in the also-ran category speaks to the depth that they've got. Even Braden Webb, who had a strong second half, is pretty intriguing for a guy who only got one point. At the very least hopefully they are able to get a few above-average relief arms from this group.

If that is the case then that is reason enough for him to drop as relievers don't do too well in these polls.

I'm of the same thought on Peralta. I like him as a prospect, but was surprised by how highly rated he was by some of you. I'm curious everyone's opinions on him, I'm hoping he's the next "how do you feel about" guy.

Also kind of a random thought, but I noticed diplan stayed at 20, which must be pretty difficult to do at that low in the rankings, and it got me wondering if while staying in the same rank he gained or lost votes. With there being different numbers of ballets each time maybe an avg woukd work best. So I was wondering if maybe, in future polls at least, you could include like an avg and how it changed from the last poll? Obviously I would understand if you didn't want to if it's too much work, since this is already a pretty huge task.

I'm not sure it would be a telling number - but I really don't know.

Here's Diplan's numbers:

Most recent poll: 5.3 average (192 points divided by 36 ballots)

2017 mid-season poll: 3.1 average (285 points divided by 61 ballots)

This shows he got a higher average rating from the last poll.

Just for fun, here are Brinson's numbers:

Latest poll - 24.1 average (869 divided by 36 ballots)

2017 mid-season poll - 24.2 average (1477 points divided by 61 ballots)

I'm not sure what these kinds of numbers show. My guess is that the more voters we get, the more players we are going to get on the ballots (mid-season was 61 players, this time it was 51). And maybe this kind of things is reflective of the time of year - perhaps by the end of a season we've found more reason to cut loose a few fringe players from our ballots.

Also, we should note that the lower number of ballots will lend itself to some odder numbers. If one person ranks Diplan as our #10 prospect - that gets him 16 points - quite a lot for a lower level player. If it happens, it skews that person's numbers higher when you have fewer voters.

I also want to point out that not dropping a spot in our poll - especially these lower level guys - may be a sign that the player is dropping in the eyes of our voters. That's because players graduate off the list (or are traded). This time, Hader graduated. That gives everyone a chance to be bumped up a spot in the list. However, when a guy stays even - he's let someone else jump over him in the rankings. Sometimes, that's a result of guys we have traded for - or the draft - but in this case, it was just others moving over Diplan.

In the end, this is very unscientific. It's a small sample size. Ideally, I'd throw out the lowest and highest votes of every player to address fetishes - or an irrational dislike - that someone might have about a player. Ultimately, it's fun to see.

I like to process and would not change a thing. It is always good to get differing opinions. Everyone values prospects differently and even the "experts" get things wrong. the Brewers have had a long list of prospects that the mainstream experts never gave them credit (M.Brantley, Khris Davis, Mike Fiers, M.Pina, etc). Most people here follow what the experts tell us. So to get a perspective from someone like Clancy, who values statistics greater than skills, should not be discounted. I like to hear the different perspectives and then make my own opinion from that.

The best way to normalize the results is to have as many entries as possible.

Yeah, you're right. Those numbers are as interesting as I had hoped. Just too many variables to factor into it. And he did drop for all intents and purposes. Thanks for the numbers though.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Don't change a thing. People need to get off their high horse around here and be okay with others that have differing opinions. The poster they kept calling out was Clancy, who was nice enough to defend it, and it was not needed. At all.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Don't change a thing. People need to get off their high horse around here and be okay with others that have differing opinions. The poster they kept calling out was Clancy, who was nice enough to defend it, and it was not needed. At all.

I would tend to agree that the process should not change and I would advocate for anyone's right to post whatever list they choose with no expectation that they have to defend that list. Equally, I would advocate for anyone's right to comment on that list in a respectful manner.

Frankly, I don't see what the issue is here. This is a message board so by definition people post things and then other people post comments/responses to that thing. No need to get overly personal or overly nasty about it, but if you don't want people to comment on your opinions, then you probably shouldn't post them in this kind of environment.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don't mind it. But the stats are about 99% of what I have. Sometimes, they have a big payoff. Other times, not.

We did pretty well. BA's list top 10-

1. Lewis Brinson, OF

2. Brandon Woodruff, RHP

3. Corbin Burnes, RHP

4. Keston Hiura, 2B

5. Monte Harrison, OF

6. Luis Ortiz, RHP

7. Brett Phillips, OF

8. Lucas Erceg, 3B

9. Isan Diaz, 2B/SS

10. Corey Ray, OF

Just swap Ray with Peralta and the top 10s are right there.

Gotta Love that they are higher on Harrison than we were! It's no longer hype, the talent is real.

1. Lewis Brinson, OF

2. Brandon Woodruff, RHP

3. Corbin Burnes, RHP

4. Keston Hiura, 2B

5. Monte Harrison, OF

6. Luis Ortiz, RHP

7. Brett Phillips, OF

8. Lucas Erceg, 3B

9. Isan Diaz, 2B/SS

10. Corey Ray, OF

Gotta Love that they are higher on Harrison than we were! It's no longer hype, the talent is real.

I think Harrison is getting some love from his strong finish and his performance in the Arizona Fall League, where he's hitting .314 with 4 HRs (just one behind the league leader) on only 35 ABs.

He has had a really nice 2017 - just keeps getting better and better.

1. Lewis Brinson, OF

2. Brandon Woodruff, RHP

3. Corbin Burnes, RHP

4. Keston Hiura, 2B

5. Monte Harrison, OF

6. Luis Ortiz, RHP

7. Brett Phillips, OF

8. Lucas Erceg, 3B

9. Isan Diaz, 2B/SS

10. Corey Ray, OF

I think Harrison is getting some love from his strong finish and his performance in the Arizona Fall League, where he's hitting .314 with 4 HRs (just one behind the league leader) on only 35 ABs.

He has had a really nice 2017 - just keeps getting better and better.

I agree, that top 10 is reasonably close to what bf.net community came up with and what the offseason lists will probably look like. The only mild outlier is Harrison, even with his strong finish in the AFL I'm still surprised he was bumped ahead of Phillips/Ortiz. Harrison certainly is capable of making his number 5 ranking look foolishly low this time in 2018...here's hoping.

Harrison is making me feel as though Santana or Brinson are more expendable than I previously thought.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Harrison is making me feel as though Santana or Brinson are more expendable than I previously thought.

The issue with Harrison is that he's at least a year or two away. Also, he's often struggled when he moved up the ladder in the minors (with the exception of this past year).

I like the guy a lot, but I won't be surprised if there are some growing pains.

1. Lewis Brinson, OF

2. Brandon Woodruff, RHP

3. Corbin Burnes, RHP

4. Keston Hiura, 2B

5. Monte Harrison, OF

6. Luis Ortiz, RHP

7. Brett Phillips, OF

8. Lucas Erceg, 3B

9. Isan Diaz, 2B/SS

10. Corey Ray, OF

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that every major Brewers top 10 list that comes out this offseason will be some permutation of the top 13 guys on this poll. Maybe I'm too low on Dubon, but I just think after those 13 it gets tougher to justify a high ranking. If someone else does break through, I'd guess it would be an evaluator making his call on a ceiling guy like Supak rather than any of the next five guys in the poll.

Since we are talking about Harrison, below are a couple of quotes from Chris Kusiolek, somebody I follow who does player evaluation:

Lot of issues with Monte Harrison in regards to swing and feel at the plate, but just hit a ball out of Salt River. Literally. His swing has coverage holes; doesn't track well out of the hand. Low hand set pre pitch, gets late and long; timing varies. Platoon/bench future for me. 6 arm, 6 run. Double plus raw.

Another comparison is out, Baseball Prospectus Brewers top 10:

1) Brinson

2) Hiura

3) Harrison

4) Burnes

5) Phillips

6) Diaz

7) Woodruff

8) Ortiz

9) Clark

10) Ray

"our" list and BA/BP seem to differ mainly in that we rate Peralta a lot higher here, and that they rate Harrison very highly. I'd imagine Fangraphs will be similar, their main prospect guy absolutely loves Harrison. Has said things in his chats like how if a prospect was created from scratch solely to appeal to him, that'd be Harrison.

Anyway, I'd think that most of the differences between a fan-made list and these others lists is that the former will weigh production more heavily.

EDIT: Looked up the quote on Harrison:

"Eric A Longenhagen: I’ve been really high, like early-80s NBA high, on Harrison since high school. I cannot provide rational thoughts on him. It’s as if he were engineered in a lab to appeal specifically to me."

Archived