Brewer Fanatic

Torres outrighted to Triple A

markedman5

Drake might be kept as a low cost insurance policy, considering he's a min salary guy, and then cut in spring training assuming we don't have like 4 bullpen injuries. I have no idea his option situation, but I wouldn't hate keeping him in the system in AAA. He shouldn't be pitching much if at all at the MLB level...and never any meaningful innings.

I don't see Drake staying on the 40-man roster. I think the club will try, and likely fail, to bring him back on a minor league deal as insurance. I would imagine a rebuilding club will take a chance on him similar to what the Brewers did this year, and he'll pitch in the majors for at least part of 2018. I'm in the minority that don't hate the drake. His ERA looks bad, but is also largely a product of a few ugly outings, with a lot of scoreless appearances inbetween. Relievers and sample size and all that. The strikeout numbers and the lefty splits are both part of why I think he'll have appeal to some organisation. Not having options remaining (I don't think he does anyway) hurts him in that regard; with an option for 2018 he'd have been a decent option as a 25th man. Somewhere else; the Brewers should look to do better, and use the salary space we have on the bullpen, where you can get a lot of value from short-term deals with little risk.

Yeah, I can't see Drake back. He's a complete liability against RHP. If he were good enough at what he does as a reverse LOOGY, I could see him returning, but he's not. He's only ok at the best thing he does.

There's a lot of exciting up and coming options for relievers in our Milb system and I'm excited to see them get a shot. Maybe Taylor Williams has a Hader-like 2018 for us.

Archived