Brewer Fanatic

Steve Garvey blames "millenial baseball" for Dodgers loss

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Millennial, 1977-1994

That seems a bit on the old end for me. I was thinking like 1985-2000. So there are 43 year old millennials?

Seems like the definition of Millennial changes by the week. I miss Gen Y.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I was born in 1977 and in no way consider myself a millennials. So does millennial consist of multiple generations, being gen x, y and whatever is after that.

Gen X is still Gen X and is still the best generation ever. This is not an opinion this is fact.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Old people complained about Baby Boomers.

Then they complained about the Gen Xers.

Then they complain about the Millennials.

Throw in Generation Y, Generation I or whatever else exists.

It's a right of passage.

"Back in my day..."

"Kids today don't..."

You get the idea.

I was born in 1977 and in no way consider myself a millennials. So does millennial consist of multiple generations, being gen x, y and whatever is after that.

Gen X is still Gen X and is still the best generation ever. This is not an opinion this is fact.

I'm a generation X'er and the generation before the baby boomers were the greatest generation ever.

Someone created a microgeneration from I think 77-82. Cause they weren't raised with electronics but can still understand them or some such. [sarcasm]I blame them.[/sarcasm]
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I'm a generation X'er and the generation before the baby boomers were the greatest generation ever.

No. All they did was win WWII. We watched Alf.

Someone created a microgeneration from I think 77-82. Cause they weren't raised with electronics but can still understand them or some such. [sarcasm]I blame them.[/sarcasm]

I've seen it as 77-83, defined by the ultra-scientific fact that those years were the time frame of the release of the original "Star Wars" trilogy. And yah, it was because we had an analog childhood but a digital young adulthood. It kind of replaced Gen Y, which seems to almost never be referred to anymore. The micro generation has also had a variety of names assigned to it. My favorite is the Oregon Trail generation.

Back on topic, maybe Garvey was referring to taking Hill out early because Hill isn't a millennial. I can understand some of the arguments. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it does seem as if situational hitting isn't quite as good as it used to be (although that could simply be a product of all of the Garvey type talking heads harping on it until I'm using individual instances as confirmation of a trend that doesn't exist), but that more relates to skillset development rather than strategic decisions, which I think have by and large improved. Heck, I enjoyed the Astros basically going to a tandem starter system at times in the postseason.

"Millennial baseball" sounds like something someone would say while also blaming "the cyber" & "the Facebook" in the same sentence.

And it's really funny to me that he's complaining about something something Millennials for being the reason LA lost to a Houston team with lots of core players aged early to mid 20s. Damn millennial baseball! We'll have to try something else to beat those millennial baseball players we just lost to!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived