Brewer Fanatic

Favorite Brewer Jersey to Wear and Why

Ted Simmons is my favorite player from "back in the day," so I cycle through the old #23 retro home/away versions, as well as a #9 game-worn bench coach jersey from 2008. I also have a game-worn Tim Dillard, reunion ceremony-worn Jim Slaton (all time franchise leader in wins! [and losses...]), and a Bierbrauer jersey with no name/number that all get heavy use at games during the season.

In the early 80s one of my friends gave me the jersey that Mike Ferraro wore in 1972 (it has "Ferraro '72" stitched into the shirtail). All polyester, really hot and uncomfortable. I wore it until about 5 years ago when it kind of fell apart and didn't fit anymore (shrunk bc of repeated washings you know). Wow I just looked, he made $7,200 that year.

My daughter showed up to a game in 2011 wearing #10 (by chance, of course).

Sheets is my go to jersey. I think it’s been long enough the jersey is a throwback, of sorts. He’s still my favorite pitcher.

After CC left, I was half heartedly looking for one of his jerseys.

Going back further and looking for a good conversation starter? I’d go for a Tommy Harper jersey, from the inaugural season.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

I have a Ruben Quevedo spring training jersey I picked up at the National Sports Collectors Convention several years ago. It's my favorite because, well, let's just say there aren't very many game used jerseys that fit me very well.

I probably have too many clubhouse-sale jerseys...but I do have some favorites among them. In order of acquisition:

1. Home white Doug Davis jersey, from when he wore 49 and was Sharpie (BF.net old-timers will remember this).

2. 2010 navy Joe Inglett jersey, because it's hilariously obscure and it doesn't look huge on me.

3. Tim Dillard #10 BP jersey (navy pullover with gold sides). I scored it for like $20 at a BCF stand during a 2016 game. I tweeted at Tim to ask when the heck he ever wore #10 and he thought it was some long-ago fall league. Talk about a unicorn jersey.

When Tim had the social media gig with the Brewers during the last homestand of 2016, he was nice enough to sign this jersey.

4. Another BP/spring training type jersey, purchased this spring...Lou Palmisano. Yes. The WOAH SOLVDD player. That was also a $20 BCF special and there was no way I could not make that purchase. Since he was a gonna be the future. Hopefullly. ;)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

“2. 2010 navy Joe Inglett jersey, because it's hilariously obscure and it doesn't look huge on me.“

I ran into a guy downtown that had a game worn Mike Gonzalez spring training jersey. I recognized the name, number and era right away.

I love seeing the obscure jerseys. I need to go to the clubhouse sale more often.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Speaking of jerseys, I know this one gets brought up from time to time but can someone, anyone, out there start manufacturing THIS one?

robinyount1992roadjersey.jpg

Seconded - I would buy a Cecil Cooper jersey in this design in a heartbeat

When I saw this thread, this is exactly what came to mind. I know i've complained about this jersey not being available. I think I even wrote to the Brewers with that complaint back in the day. I would buy one of these right away. Wasn't this design also in a pullover style (no buttons)? That's my favorite!

D-Train Spring Training Game Used is my favorite

SUPER JEALOUS. D-Train was so fun to watch when he was in Florida.

I have an Aoki Jersey that I wear a good amount. Last year at the rummage they were selling spring training jerseys. I got one with no name and 99 on the back. I've been wearing that. I was hoping I could get a name put on it, but no one has worn 99. I refuse to put "Bat Boy" on there, either.

I also have a Gary Mathews jersey that I pull out from time to time. That's the only other game used jersey I'd throw on. The rest of em I won't wear.

D-Train Spring Training Game Used is my favorite

SUPER JEALOUS. D-Train was so fun to watch when he was in Florida.

I have an Aoki Jersey that I wear a good amount. Last year at the rummage they were selling spring training jerseys. I got one with no name and 99 on the back. I've been wearing that. I was hoping I could get a name put on it, but no one has worn 99. I refuse to put "Bat Boy" on there, either.

I also have a Gary Mathews jersey that I pull out from time to time. That's the only other game used jersey I'd throw on. The rest of em I won't wear.

Why not Batman? (It is Halloween after all)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

My Darryl Hamilton (one of my all-time favorite Brewers - at the time and ever since) & signed Scott Karl (#42 -- last Brewer to wear it) gray game-used jerseys from the 3 Motre-Bame years ('94-

96) are the most unique ones in my closet, but that's the same reason I won't wear them to games.

The navy '94-'96 jersey and now the current navy "Brewers" (NOT the "Milwaukee" with horrible yellow trim) have been my favorite ones to wear to games -- no name or number -- although I also like the gold/mustard/whatever alternate from a few years ago -- not the best concept ever, but an idea worth exploring as they did and executing on a limited basis.

I actually had a replica gray road late-'80s pullover jersey that I wore a lot at that time in college but that disappeared decades ago -- I prefer authentics but still wish now that I would've kept it. Then it became dated in the 1990 season they went to all button-downs, which I thought was a stellar move -- classic style, not '70s/'80s bad-idea chic.

I have Braun all star jerseys from 2009 and 2010 that I usually wear to games. I also have Yount and Sheffield powder blues I wear from time to time.

You are braver than me. lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 weeks later...
Ha! I also have a B.J. Surhoff jersey I like to wear to games. Favorite however is Jeff Cirillo #26 - first time around with the Crew. In my younger years, and his, we bared a striking resemblance to one another. Once, in college - late '90s, I went to a game with a bunch of friends at old County Stadium and the parking attendant thought I was him. Only took a second or so to correct himself as he knew Cirillo wouldn't have been driving such a crappy car. Anyway, ode to the Brewers all time career AVG leader!

"Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection."

-Red Smith

Archived