Brewer Fanatic

All-Time Brewers Postseason Team

Crash2303

based only off of performance in the postseason- here's my starting 9 + 1 reliever. agree/disagree?

1B- Coop - his gw single in game 5 of 82 ALCS will forever be stitched in brewer honor as it sent us to our only world series appearance.

2B- Gantner- more by default, just doin what he do- hit an empty .275 w/ solid D

SS- Yount - hit .316 in 19 AB in '81 and followed that up with hitting .356 with a .931 OPS in 48 ABs while playing stellar D

3B- Molitor - he hit a HR in '81 but his fine hitting in '82 is what places him here, highlighted by his 5 hitter in game 1 of the WS.

C- Moore - being a little liberal here, as Simmons' backup catcher (apologies Yost) he played OF the entire '82 series to keep his hot bat in the lineup as he did hit .385, so...

RF- Oglivie - pretty dormant in 81 & 82. but did hit 2 HR in 82. because there's not really anyone else- RF is yours Ben.

CF- Morgan/Gomez - despite hitting pretty poorly throughout the play-offs, Morgan's game winning hit to launch the brewers into the ALCS only added to his cult-status. and it would be remiss if we did not add his CF platoon partner, Gomey, who is the one who wheeled at blazing speed from 2B to score the winning run, and also ended up hitting a not too shaby .357 with a HR in only 16 AB.

LF- Braun - hit .313 in 16 AB in 2008, but it was his monstrous 2011 postseason that showed why he was the NL MVP as he carried the Brewers with an incredible 1.182 OPS with 2 HR and 7 doubles in 42 AB. not to mention (and not considered) his gwhr to clinch a spot in the play-offs. man- he was awesome that year.

P- Gallardo- coming off of a season long injury in 2008, he was a boon by not allowing an ER in his 2 appearances. Then in 2011, despite his disappointing dud in his only NLCS appearance, he is a big reason of what got the brewers there with two dominating appearances in the NLDS.

RP- Axford- gotta give it up to resiliency. after blowing the save in the 9th, for the 2011 ALDS, he came back out and shut the side down to enable the brewers to go on to win in that dramatic extra-inning game.

Honorable Mention

Hairston- despite hitting .385 in the 2011 postseason including 6 2B in 39 AB, unfortunately it was his crucial error at 3B in a tide-turning game 5 of the ALCS that leaves him off the starting 9.

Hardy- hit .429 in 2008 ALDS, but only in 14 AB. not going to overcome the alltime greatest brewer.

I know we are joking around but these threads make me sad because it shows how little success this organization has had.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know we are joking around but these threads make me sad because it shows how little success this organization has had.

I just had a season ticket rep call me yesterday about renewing. I cancelled mine when they changed the fan choice 20 pack. She was explaining how I was guaranteed playoff tickets. I told her the Brewers had only made the playoffs 4 times in 48 seasons. I'll take my chances.

The Brewers post season success is pretty sad but if I was putting together a list I would probably put Mike Caldwell in as a SP since he did win two of the three World Series games the Brewers have won in franchise history including a complete game shutout.

[sarcasm]This is just horrible I can't believe you left out the graetest Brewers SS on a playoff roster Yuni B![/sarcasm]

No postseason team is complete without Mark Kotsay in CF.

UGH! Hate it when this is brought up, just HATE IT! lol A dark time, a very dark time...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't Yuni B hit really well in the playoffs? He hit a big HR in Game 1 of the NLCS, didn't he? I get the criticism, but this is just postseason stats. He would be honorable mention ahead of Hardy.

No. No. A thousand times no.

http://disciplesofuecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/YB.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Didn't Yuni B hit really well in the playoffs? He hit a big HR in Game 1 of the NLCS, didn't he? I get the criticism, but this is just postseason stats. He would be honorable mention ahead of Hardy.

A line of .310/.326/.500/.826 overall in the 2011 playoffs does it for me. People go a little insane with that name but he did show up with his bat that season in some big spots.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No. No. A thousand times no.

http://disciplesofuecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/YB.gif

Arcia probably makes this play without even having to dive.

Archived