Brewer Fanatic

How Do We Feel About Corey Ray At This Point?

sheetskout
His OBP is up to .400 for May with 16 walks to 19 strikeouts. I don't know if it is sustainable, but if it is, suddenly he is looking like a guy who deserved to go No. 5 in the draft.

It’s huge to me. He has improved so much on K% & he is also walking! He is known for his Ks dating back to to college but he has reduced them while reaching base with walks at greater clip. He has the hands & pop so if really is starting to understand zone.... go after the right pitches & not chance bad ones, he can do damage. Guys like him it’s all about making consistent contact. Being selective at plate & going after right pitches is huge.

Honestly I still not sure he has a future here but trade value has increased significantly since this off season & is trending in right direction! After month of really impressing he could put himself back in center piece convos for a pitcher.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ray continues his frustrating streakiness. Has struck out 18 of his last 35 at bats. K% rate is trending upward - now at 27.4% after being in the lower 20s earlier in the year.

Some really interesting skills - just not sure where the hit tool is headed. Lots of xbh - he's second in the Southern League in total bases. I'd love to see him settle in as a hitter and cut the strikeout rate down.

Archived