Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park named Best New Concessions Experience of 2017 by Ballpark Digest

hawing

I did like the new setup and organization of the concessions. You can tell they spent a lot of money on it by what happened to the prices. And the quality of most items didn't change. I'll tailgate all day every day before spending $12 on a craft beer or $15 on a burger and tater tots.

I went to four games this past year and never had an issue at any of the concessions. Seemed more efficient and the food was better than it was previously IMO.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I enjoy food a lot and I have to admit, it was a challenge finding something that sounded good at the ballpark this year. I don’t care for Usingers which eliminates the sausages, they can’t make tacos or Ajs burgers without onions, usually went with bbq pork for $13 and still hungry. Had cheese fries a lot too, same issues with the wife, nothing ever sounded good. Lines most of the time were terrible.

I liked the layout and setup. But I agree that it seemed like the choices and variety went down this year. I usually just get basics anyway so it's not a big deal to me, just my observations walking around compared to past years.

Why is there no high-end food that is available to people? I mean, why not have a stand or app you could order like a nice steak at? Maybe it's unrealistic but I think what a great option that could be.

Could turn the Toyota Tundra territory into the Gordon Ramsey Kicken! :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why is there no high-end food that is available to people? I mean, why not have a stand or app you could order like a nice steak at? Maybe it's unrealistic but I think what a great option that could be.

Could turn the Toyota Tundra territory into the Gordon Ramsey Kicken! :laughing

They'd have to charge like $80 bucks for an 8 oz sirloin to meet the ridiculous margins they already get. If I go straight from work and have to eat at the park, I usually go the pizza route. $10 for a personal pizza that is pretty good and filling. I'd rather do that than pay $15-16 for a burger and tots, plus like someone noted you can't customize anything so that's not a route I'm willing to go anyways.

The chicken tenders and tots at the AJ Bombers stands are the best bang for your buck. Filling and reasonably tasty for $7.50. The rest of the stuff not so much. The upgraded sausages and buns are decent when you get a good one. Paying $5.50 for a cold hot dog is enraging. But yeah the layout is fine, it's the food that's lacking. There were plenty of the 25% off SSH discount games which I give the club credit for. The prices were a little easier to deal with.

If only they had an AJ Bombers

Variety is horrible. Also, scavenger hunt every time I wanted Secret Stadium Sauce. (Would give up all their new concessions for the old hot dogs soaking in SSS like they had at County Stadium.)

Yes, it's expensive, but that doesn't bother me as that's a given. If I'm hungry enough I will buy something, usually just a hot dog. Glad they won an award I guess, but I just don't see it.

The chicken tenders and tots at the AJ Bombers stands are the best bang for your buck. Filling and reasonably tasty for $7.50. The rest of the stuff not so much. The upgraded sausages and buns are decent when you get a good one. Paying $5.50 for a cold hot dog is enraging. But yeah the layout is fine, it's the food that's lacking. There were plenty of the 25% off SSH discount games which I give the club credit for. The prices were a little easier to deal with.

Fair points. I will usually offer anybody but a cub fan my SSH discount if I happen to be getting something for me or a friend and they are in line next to me and it's a SSH day. That 25% goes a long way to making prices fringe reasonable.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The craft beer bar on the Loge Level was enough of an upgrade by itself to warrant an award.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I only made it to one game and it was a game with one dollar hot dogs and sodas and I think four dollar nachos. The hot dog quality was poor but honestly I’d rather have four below average hot dogs for four dollars then one decent hot dog for whatever it is they charge now because at least it will fill me up. I have such a hard time justifying paying these ridiculous prices for food. I prefer just to get something on the way.

The craft beer bar on the Loge Level was enough of an upgrade by itself to warrant an award.

I'm a big fan of all the food upgrades in general, but the beer upgrades are really the stars of the show.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I enjoy food a lot and I have to admit, it was a challenge finding something that sounded good at the ballpark this year. I don’t care for Usingers which eliminates the sausages, they can’t make tacos or Ajs burgers without onions, usually went with bbq pork for $13 and still hungry. Had cheese fries a lot too, same issues with the wife, nothing ever sounded good. Lines most of the time were terrible.

Do they actually sell Usingers at Miller Park?

As far as I know, all of their sausages are Klements. They put them right into the hot dog water after each race.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm a big fan of all the food upgrades in general, but the beer upgrades are really the stars of the show.

So you guys are the ones paying $12 for a craft beer? I can't justify paying that when I could get one for $5 at almost any bar, or by a 12 pack for $15. It's Friday's long island or bust as far as alcohol goes at miller park.

Community Moderator
Agreed that the craft beer bar is awesome. I'm not going to complain about paying $12 for the experience, especially since the beer options in the rest of the ballpark have always been sub-par.

Archived