Brewer Fanatic

Would you rather have 2 Wild Card Appearances or 1 Division Title?

reillymcshane
MLB is the only league where winning a division is considered anything special.

Comparing the Brewers to the Packers is silly. The Packers have 14 World Championships and a 100 year old stadium.

Other ultra successful teams hang banners for division titles.

gettyimages-81231665.jpg

Or even dumber things:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/09/07/17__1220806884_4422.jpg

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Definitely the division title. The Wild Card games are a joke and were only put there to placate low-budget teams so that owners could say "See, now low-budget teams are making the playoffs. We don't need more revenue sharing."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hanging either WC or Division Title flag without the WS flag just shows you ended a loser. The playoffs are fun, but if you can't stand at the top at the end, its "maybe next year".

So to answer the question, the distinction between the two is a moot point.

The question wasn't about hanging Wild Card or Division flags. It was about what was best for the Brewers. I guess I should have been more clear about that. I assumed people would understand that the goal is to always win a World Series. And in my mind, that was what I was asking about.

So, to rephrase the question, what's the best thing for Milwaukee to win the WS - make the playoffs via two WC runs or one divisional title?

The MLB playoffs are moreso about being hot at the right time than being the better team. That is true to some extent in other sports but moreso in MLB. Also, with the differences in scheduling and managerial strategy for the playoffs compared to the regular season, it really changes the dynamic, and a team built for a great regular season record is not necessarily built for a great playoff run. Therefore, I have to go with the two wild cards and hope that one of those playoff appearances turns into something special.

Archived