Brewer Fanatic

2017 Playoff Thread [World Series: HOU vs. LAD]

owbc

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As the saying goes, it's like he had a frog with a tennis racket in there."

Just heard from the color guy in NYY vs Cleveland after a passed ball.

What?!?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Kind of shocked Dusty pulled Scherzer yesterday, especially given his history. Rizzo gets a cheap hit, and the Cubs turn it over to their one unquestionably reliable bullpen piece (Edwards is getting there). I don't necessarily mind that pitching staff piling up October innings, though listening to Joe Maddon annoys more and more every time for some reason...

Edit: Radar for Game 4 looks nasty. Surprised they didn't try to start earlier. Also, surprised the Nats aren't going with Strasburg on short rest, but that's probably partly because of the rain threat. Have to think any delay is beneficial for Washington, given that it lets them avoid starting Tanner Roark in an elimination game. Of course, if it's 5-1 Cubs in the 4th when it starts pouring, I would think they'd opt to suspend...

If somebody paying more attention than I am can help me, how is it that Scherzer didn't pitch until Game 3 and thus, not starting tonight? Because Gio Gonzalez is about to get lit up in this elimination game.

He was hurt. Bad hamstring.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The most pitches Davis has thrown all year is 34. He's at 24 here in the 8th.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There better be a damn good view that was split screened or that we didn't see because that tag wasn't on long and there was no view that showed the tag still on when his foot popped off for a split second.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At 38 with Harper about to get into the box.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived