Brewer Fanatic

2017-18 Offseason Optimism Thread

torts
I'm sure Stearns is aware of this but it seems this might be 1 reason why the offense sputtered

I'm not sure exactly that stat proves. Seems just like a thing that has no correlation to anything else.

Not to mention, that graph shows us as being 7th in the NL in the stat, so it's not like they were terrible in that regard.

Granted Thames had a few LF starts and these are pinch hit numbers included... but our first base production this year between the two was a .254 average with 47 HRs, 115 RBIs, with an OPs somewhere in the .860 range.

We could do a lot, lot worse.

Overall our 1B position was very average, 0.0 wins above AVERAGE. Defense hurts.

Also, our official line just for the 1B position is

41 HR, 96 RBI .269/.362/.547. the .909 OPS is good for 6th across MLB for total team 1B output

I don't trust WAR, at all. If our first base puts up the numbers they did this past season, I'll be perfectly fine with it. Granted I hope it is more consistent rather than the ups and downs we had this season but my gosh, those guys played well this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Should be clarified he's not claiming Thames and Aguilar were 0 WAR players, just that they were exactly league average in production. Thames and Aguilar combined for 3 WAR.

According to that our pen and rotation were both above average. We were below average in LF, CF, and 2B, average or better everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS OPTIMISTIC ABOUT SPRING BALL IN YEARS!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived