Brewer Fanatic

Mike Michalske/Packers Autos

PeaveyFury

Maybe a bit of a longshot, but I know there are collectors here that are just as interested in football/Packer items as they are baseball/Brewers stuff!

I'm looking for Mike Michalske or Johnny Blood McNally signed (non-index) cards, which have eluded me many times over.

If you would happen to have something, and would be interested in discussing a sale or trade, please shoot me a PM and I'd love to talk.

Thanks!

Kevin Keating is the only autograph dealer who I know has handled those guys in the past. I understand he's working for an authentication house now and has suspended sales from his company, though he might be open to individual transactions.

The Net54baseball.com community might also be a source of info for you.

You might find someone up in GB with a grandfather's collection, etc., but otherwise, both of those guys will be pretty pricey.

Since those guys played so early on, do McNally or Michalske even have any "real" cards that came out in his playing days? Index cards might be your best bet. Though I don't know much about football memorabilia.

"Real" vintage auto'd cards? Not really. Michalske often signed his 'Immortal Roll' cards later in life, though, which generally have PSA authentication. These show up on ebay.

I'm really looking for card company-issued autos, though. Both have cut auto cards issued by Upper Deck, Donruss/Leaf, etc. that are guaranteed authentic by the card companies themselves. These are extraordinarily hard to find... I've seen one Michalske on ebay about 5-7 years ago, and 2-3 Johnny Bloods over the past 5 years. All told, there are maybe 50 Michalskes that fit this bill, and possibly less of McNally.

I know it's a tough get, so I appreciate the insights!

• 3 months later...

Archived