Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; eliminated, but not until game 161]

hawing
Bye. See you in 2018. Hope most learn a little about baseball, as your predictions and comments were way off base this year.

You're the best. I'll miss you for a few months. Keep those typing fingers strong.

I look forward to rereading your 150 posts that just started this year.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is tough. Disappointing ending to an exciting season. I hope they don't "stand pat" with the offense and just hope for improvements from the young guys. I'll be interested to see if Stearns has given up on Villar the way that Counsell apparently has...

Should be a fascinating offseason. Lots of questions left to be answered. Can Stearns find another diamond in the rough or three? They have money to spend....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

What can you say, this game was a microcosm of the season.

I attended nine games this year, losing three while leading/tied after seven. I was at the game in Washington where they allowed seven in the bottom of the 8th to lose and slip out of first for good.

I would rather miss the WC spot by two games instead of just one. That way I won't be agonizing all winter what could have been. The real bummer for me about losing today was I was real curious how tonight and Sunday would have played out. We will never know for sure now that the issue has been settled.

Dodgers just tied it up too... oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't compare how the Rockies are playing right now compared to how they might have played if still vying for a postseason spot. At this point the season is over and any results moving forward are not an accurate representation of how things would have still gone.

What can you say, this game was a microcosm of the season.

I attended nine games this year, losing three while leading/tied after seven. I was at the game in Washington where they allowed seven in the bottom of the 8th to lose and slip out of first for good.

I would rather miss the WC spot by two games instead of just one. That way I won't be agonizing all winter what could have been. The real bummer for me about losing today was I was real curious how tonight and Sunday would have played out. We will never know for sure now that the issue has been settled.

Still time to get it down to one game with a win today and Rockies loss!

Who will be held accountable for all of the mishaps this year? Or do we hand out blue ribbons to everyone and say "We have some momentum for NEXT season!" like is usually the case.

Personally, I don't think Counsell is our guy for the future, however, I think his job is 100% safe, so there probably isn't any reason to discuss it further. I just don't have any confidence in his in game management from line-ups to bull pen usage, it all needs to improve greatly if we are to take the next step.

I'd cut Eddie "windmill" Sedar loose immediately if I had the power... Again, I think he is untouchable, so no need to speculate.

I think everyone in the organization will just sit back and feel good about making it as far as they have this season, and that will be the end of it.

I fully expect a couple major deals in the off season, bringing in a big time starter, a couple bullpen arms, and above all a BIG bat! I only hope we don't drain the farm in doing so.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived