Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; eliminated, but not until game 161]

hawing
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So your season is on the line, Swarzak has been executing poorly,, & you DON'T go get your absolute best RP?

Overall I've been happy with Counsell on balance, but that's inexcusable to just stick with Swarzak.

Who's going to close if you use Knebel, asks Buck Showalter.

I could handle it if the Rockies won and clinched, but being eliminated like this is like getting kicked in the junk.

Yep. This is it for me. If the Rockies won tonight it wouldn’t really be much of anything but to flat out choke away this game? So Brewers baseball.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm proud of the team for the season they had, but brutally disappointed in the way they went out, pissing away a 6 run lead against their most hated opponent.

Sums up their season, they showed a stat early on today of the % of team losses were leads that were blown, and the Brewers were 60 some percent, I mean the #2 team wasn't even close.

I hate the cardinals.

For once this isn't about the Cardinals. This is about another Brewers failure to stomp on someone's neck and put away a team. Sitting on early leads and losing them late is the summary of the 2017 Brewers.

A 6 run lead should be enough for the pitching to hold.

Our chances of getting into the post season with having to win out plus get some help were pretty damn slim going into this weekend. Not being able to get a key hit and manufacture runs was our Achilles' Heel all season long. It is hard to win when you leave 10 guys on base over 8 innings. :(

So your season is on the line, Swarzak has been executing poorly,, & you DON'T go get your absolute best RP?

Overall I've been happy with Counsell on balance, but that's inexcusable to just stick with Swarzak.

Who's going to close if you use Knebel, asks Buck Showalter.

god, no kidding.

"But, but, 8th Inning Guy™..."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived