Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; eliminated, but not until game 161]

hawing
Always amazes me how many guys hurt themselves by fouling it off their own foot. Thames seems like such a wimp.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always amazes me how many guys hurt themselves by fouling it off their own foot. Thames seems like such a wimp.

I think you should go say that to his face.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

MLB really has to address the strike zone in the off season. It's inexcuseable how poor umpires have been calling balls and strikes all season long.

I agree but it's probably no worse than previous years. It's just pitchtrax and foxtrax is always up so you see every pitch. I'm all for robot umps. I'd rather it get called correctly than "even up in the end".

I think you should go say that to his face.

Lol I don’t know if he is or not but just because you have a bunch of muscles doesn’t mean you’re a tough person. I’ll make it clear that I have no inside information on him but after one year he seems a bit dramatic.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You slam a baseball off the top of your foot point blank at 100+ MPH and tell me how you handle it. Sheesh, seriously?

Hopefully less dramatic than I’ve seen Thames over the past week. Heck they are even hitting his plastic pad and he’s hopping around like he was shot.

You slam a baseball off the top of your foot point blank at 100+ MPH and tell me how you handle it. Sheesh, seriously?

Hopefully less dramatic than I’ve seen Thames over the past week. Heck they are even hitting his plastic pad and he’s hopping around like he was shot.

You ever stub your toe stumbling around in the middle of the night? Multiply that by about 50, and you know what it's like slamming a baseball off the top of your foot. Hurts like heck.

Why was Braun so deep with a lefty-lefty matchup happening? Does Garcia have that great of power that I’m unaware of? Feels like you would want to take away that dumpy hit a bit.

Why was Braun so deep with a lefty-lefty matchup happening? Does Garcia have that great of power that I’m unaware of? Feels like you would want to take away that dumpy hit a bit.

He plays in the exact same spot no matter the situation. Have you not seen his spot in LF at Miller Park?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Hopefully less dramatic than I’ve seen Thames over the past week. Heck they are even hitting his plastic pad and he’s hopping around like he was shot.[/

You ever stub your toe stumbling around in the middle of the night? Multiply that by about 50, and you know what it's like slamming a baseball off the top of your foot. Hurts like heck.

I’ve played. Played plenty. We have a different opinion of his reaction. It’s okay. It’s really not even a big deal.

I’ve played. Played plenty. We have a different opinion of his reaction. It’s okay. It’s really not even a big deal.

A lot of people thought he broke his foot 3 days ago. I'd imagine the bruise is pretty significant. Slamming into it over and over again the last 2 games probably hasn't helped.

Archived