Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; eliminated, but not until game 161]

hawing
Stole this from the tv during the game as we have discussed it before.

Run Differential by Inning

1-2: +70 (MLB 2nd)

3-7: +14 (14th)

8+: -53 (30th)

I know what this is but what does it MEAN? Our attacking style is used against us in later innings but benefits us early?

[sarcasm]The roids wear off by the end of the game?[/sarcasm]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun-Shaw-Santana... LOVE IT!!!!

Let’s go KeyshawnKershaw(gotta love autocorrect !!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Stole this from the tv during the game as we have discussed it before.

Run Differential by Inning

1-2: +70 (MLB 2nd)

3-7: +14 (14th)

8+: -53 (30th)

I know what this is but what does it MEAN? Our attacking style is used against us in later innings but benefits us early?

Why we're good early I really couldn't say. But I've seen a few suggestions as to why we're bad late. One is platoon splits; teams play matchups later on which hurts us. But the one I buy into the most is a rather simple one. It's a strikeout-prone team. That gets exploited even more by a high strikeout pitcher, which is what late-inning relievers tend to be.

That makes sense.

And now we have only our 2nd season with 3 30 HR players, other being 1982 (When Yount finished with 29)

Next year we will have Thames, Braun, Shaw, Santana annnnnnd Phillips with 30+. Five. Count em, five!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived