Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3; gain no ground on COL]

reillymcshane
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we need three outs on Sunday to force a playoff game, we may regret this move.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just think. Three more years of Braun with a price tag of 60 million.

Trade already looking like a whiff. I am sure a big Braun fan can lay down some optimism, but Braun has greatly underperformed vs. Puig and that is just one part of that deal. We would have saved millions and gotten multiple prospects back on top of it.

Here is to Braun turning things around next year because he has been terrible to end the season.

If we need three outs on Sunday to force a playoff game, we may regret this move.

Not to mention now we know our only hope would be a playoff game immediately on Monday and Tuesday. Looking at 4 straight must use Knebel games if close late. CC needs to take a chance tonight

I probably would've tried to do this without Knebel too. Should be a bullpen heavy day tomorrow and if everything goes our way you might need him Sat and Sun. And if somehow they make the playoff game he'd likely be unusable on Monday. Oh well, I guess he just has the attitude of worry about each game as it comes at this point. Worry about the future if we make it that far

So we didn't benefit by using Knebel at all, anyone in our bullpen could have given up a 2 run jack.

I'd rather have saved him, and used him if the 9th got tight, and we needed him.

hindsight and all that...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

A "rebuilding" team still in the playoff hunt with just two games left in the regular season. No matter what happens the rest of the way, a tip of the cap and a big thumbs up on a remarkable season.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived