Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3; gain no ground on COL]

reillymcshane
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m curious enough to see what Vogt could do with us next season when fully healthy. I hope he’s not asking for a ton because there is just not much else out there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Also it looks like about every 10 years we get both ROYs ending up HOFers

56 Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio

67 Tom Seaver, Rod Carew

77 Andre Dawson, Eddie Murray

01 Albert Pujols, Ichiro

12 Bryce Harper, Mike Trout ?

15 Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa ?

Can you name the only ROY from the 80s who is in the HOF?

They really think this is worth a challenge?

No they don't, just trying to break Chase's rhythm. And it worked.

I guess technically it's legal but it's sleazy especially in a game that doesn't matter to you and matters to the other guys. More good reasons to hate the Cards.

They really think this is worth a challenge?

No they don't, just trying to break Chase's rhythm. And it worked.

I guess technically it's legal but it's sleazy especially in a game that doesn't matter to you and matters to the other guys. More good reasons to hate the Cards.

That seems like quite a stretch.

Is Mondesi the one who just got jailed for embezzling money while being mayor?

Haha I never heard this but yes:

"He was the mayor of San Cristobal, San Cristobal from 2010 to 2016, but after his term ended he was investigated for fraud. On September 20, 2017, he was sentenced to 8 years in prison on charges of corruption and embezzling $6 million from public funds in his time as mayor. He was also barred from holding any public office for ten years."

Is Mondesi the one who just got jailed for embezzling money while being mayor?

Haha I never heard this but yes:

"He was the mayor of San Cristobal, San Cristobal from 2010 to 2016, but after his term ended he was investigated for fraud. On September 20, 2017, he was sentenced to 8 years in prison on charges of corruption and embezzling $6 million from public funds in his time as mayor. He was also barred from holding any public office for ten years."

No public office for 10 years? Why is he not banned for life?

I don't understand why people just assumed we were going to get help from the Dodgers. It's in Colorado, L.A doesn't have nearly as much to play for, and they were totally worthless helping us against the Rockies last time.

There’s something about playing with pride. There’s also something about knocking out your divisional opponents.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Also it looks like about every 10 years we get both ROYs ending up HOFers

56 Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio

67 Tom Seaver, Rod Carew

77 Andre Dawson, Eddie Murray

01 Albert Pujols, Ichiro

12 Bryce Harper, Mike Trout ?

15 Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa ?

Can you name the only ROY from the 80s who is in the HOF?

Ripken?

I don't understand why people just assumed we were going to get help from the Dodgers. It's in Colorado, L.A doesn't have nearly as much to play for, and they were totally worthless helping us against the Rockies last time.

There’s something about playing with pride. There’s also something about knocking out your divisional opponents.

Sure those are factors to some degree but they're for a team like the Dodgers with WS aspirations they're going to put their long-term goals for this year first.

Archived