Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT (Brewers lose, 6-0)

reillymcshane
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can honestly say that I'm ready to be done with Ryan Braun. This team's offense needed their supposed bast player to step up over the last month, and he's failed miserably.

I mean it seems that way but he's got an .835 OPS over the last 30 days. Not Braun level but well above average.

I would venture to say that very few of those hits have been extra bases, and none have been in clutch situations.

I can honestly say that I'm ready to be done with Ryan Braun. This team's offense needed their supposed bast player to step up over the last month, and he's failed miserably.

I mean it seems that way but he's got an .835 OPS over the last 30 days. Not Braun level but well above average.

Braun has been alright but it’s felt as though when we’ve needed the big hit, he hasn’t come through. I have loved that he’s played pretty much everyday though. Hopeful sign for next year.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would venture to say that very few of those hits have been extra bases, and none have been in clutch situations.

11 of 25 for extra bases. I couldn't tell you RISP but I'm sure it's not good.

The division window officially closes tonight, and I'm starting to accept that it's becoming extremely likely that we're going to fall short. Still proud of the team for the season they've had.

If some miracle happens in the last few games -- great. But I think this is probably the nail in the coffin.

I would have loved to see Phillips get an at bat with bases loaded in that situation. Cedar takes too many bats out of people’s hands.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Noodle arm Hamilton gets a runner at the plate? Wow, just not the Brewers' night I guess.

Noodle arm Billy Hamilton? Was that supposed to be in blue?

Yeah, it's not fair that he's fast and has a gun.

For some reason I can't stand him. Probably because he seems to kill us, but other than those 2 things you mentioned he's a lousy baseball player.

The division window officially closes tonight, and I'm starting to accept that it's becoming extremely likely that we're going to fall short. Still proud of the team for the season they've had.

If some miracle happens in the last few games -- great. But I think this is probably the nail in the coffin.

It's going to take sweeping the last 4 games to finish 87-75 and Colorado finishing 1-2. Not impossible but it's not worth getting emotionally invested in the games, especially after this lethargic performance

It's weird. I don't feel that heartbroken? I don't know, maybe it's easier to just get beat than to lose like those three in a row earlier this week. Also, I sort of feel like 2 down with 3 to go is not the end of the world. That's assuming the team can bounce back tomorrow, of course.

Either way, agree with the bright future angle. This season has delivered so much more than anticipated. I'd would have been happy with 78 wins. 83 is pretty awesome. Let's get 87 and just hope.

It's also kind of funny to me how essentially random baseball can be. 83 wins at this point in the AL is good enough for like a 4 game WC lead.

It's weird. I don't feel that heartbroken? I don't know, maybe it's easier to just get beat than to lose like those three in a row earlier this week. Also, I sort of feel like 2 down with 3 to go is not the end of the world. That's assuming the team can bounce back tomorrow, of course.

Either way, agree with the bright future angle. This season has delivered so much more than anticipated. I'd would have been happy with 78 wins. 83 is pretty awesome. Let's get 87 and just hope.

It's also kind of funny to me how essentially random baseball can be. 83 wins at this point in the AL is good enough for like a 4 game WC lead.

As Brewer fans, we are used to being disappointed. We've all been saying this wouldn't hold up since the all star break.

Archived