Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT (Brewers lose, 6-0)

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Reds (66-91)

CF Billy Hamilton (S)

SS Zack Cozart ®

1B Joey Votto (L)

2B Scooter Gennett (L)

3B Eugenio Suarez ®

RF Scott Schebler (L)

LF Adam Duvall ®

C Tucker Barnhart (S)

P Homer Bailey ®

Brewers (83-74)

1B Eric Thames (L)

2B Neil Walker (S)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Stephen Vogt (L)

SS Orlando Arcia ®

CF Brett Phillips (L)

P B. Woodruff ®

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3-run bomb for the Rockies in the 2nd to put them up 3-0. Not... looking... good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Even one of those Cubs or the last Pirates game are playing so large now. Not trying to remind anyone of that heartbreak but it just stinks that even one of those three games didn't go our way.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Time to hop on the Dodgers bandwagon...

I'm starting to feel like the Dodgers need to sweep them. I doubt we win all 5 of our remaining games. The Dodgers getting 2 of 3 might not be enough.

We can lose one and the Dodgers go 2-1 and we still force a one game playoff. That looks to be the most likely scenario here. Brewers 4-1, Rockies 1-2, 1 game playoff.

Even one of those Cubs or the last Pirates game are playing so large now. Not trying to remind anyone of that heartbreak but it just stinks that even one of those three games didn't go our way.

...and that last Reds series. Killer.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

...and that last Reds series. Killer.

Not sure how I forgot that one. Yes. That one too. :angry

Still too early to call it? Lol

Actually, yeah. At least, I think so. I mean, I've seen lots of 6 run leads evaporate in Colorado. It's harder than people think to hit homers there, and the real Coors effect comes from singles and doubles. You get that many baserunners, there's always the potential for a rally.

I know I wouldn't feel safe as a Brewer fan up 9-3 after four, not against the Reds and not against the Marlins. Is it likely they win? No. Is it possible? You bet.

Of course, either way, the Crew needs a W today and (probably)/or (at the very least) tomorrow. You're not out of it until the math says so, and if one of the next two go the right way, you've got three days to go game-by-game. A sweep, and things are even better.

Well, just means today is an absolute, must win game. I usually laugh when people use that term in baseball, because it's usually for some game in June or something. But now that we've actually gotten to the end of the season and there's 5 games left, there is no doubt, this is the game of the season tonight...

Until tomorrow.

Basically the whole months of April and May where our bullpen was giving away wins like they were going out of style.

Community Moderator
Well, just means today is an absolute, must win game. I usually laugh when people use that term in baseball, because it's usually for some game in June or something. But now that we've actually gotten to the end of the season and there's 5 games left, there is no doubt, this is the game of the season tonight...

Until tomorrow.

Tonight and tomorrow are both essentially must-wins in order to have a realistic shot this weekend. If they lose one they will be going into the weekend with < 10% playoff odds.

Just remember, everyone, almost all of us figured back on Opening Day that this month of September would be completely meaningless. Yet here we are, checking scores and hanging on by the seats of our pants.

The future is bright for this team.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived