Brewer Fanatic

2018 Brewers 25 Man Roster [Latest: Starting rotation set, post #445]

BrewCrewBlueDevil
I wonder what we're waiting for? Other teams have 25 man rosters set.

Probably just keeping options open. I'm sure the players are in the loop a bit. Really not too big of a deal.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been discussed in further depth, but I hadn't seen a real list scrolling back a few pages. What's the 25 man looking like, looks like Choi might make it, at the cost of trading someone I would assume? I can't believe he makes the team if there isn't a trade made, or am I way off?

1. Pina

2. Bandy

3. Braun

4. Villar

5. Arcia

6. Shaw

7. Yelich

8. Cain

9. Santana

10. Thames

11. Aguilar

12. Sogard

13. Perez

14. Anderson

15. Chacin

16. Davies

17. Woodruff

18. Suter

19. Lopez?

20. Albers

21. Drake

22. Jeffress

23. Barnes

24. Hader

25. Knebel

Apologies if this has been discussed in further depth, but I hadn't seen a real list scrolling back a few pages. What's the 25 man looking like, looks like Choi might make it, at the cost of trading someone I would assume? I can't believe he makes the team if there isn't a trade made, or am I way off?

1. Pina

2. Bandy

3. Braun

4. Villar

5. Arcia

6. Shaw

7. Yelich

8. Cain

9. Santana

10. Thames

11. Aguilar

12. Sogard

13. Perez

14. Anderson

15. Chacin

16. Davies

17. Woodruff

18. Suter

19. Lopez?

20. Albers

21. Drake

22. Jeffress

23. Barnes

24. Hader

25. Knebel

I'd say this is about right on the hitter side, though I'm not sure how long Aguilar is going to last and I guess there's an outside chance Choi is kept over Aguilar. Pitching side, I would remove lopez and drake and pick 2 of Williams, Hoover, and Drake. Yes I know Drake could be added back, the other names are all basically locked in while he isn't so it makes sense to look at it this way. The thought of him on the opening day roster makes me sad. I'll want to throw things if he makes it and Williams gets sent down.

Could Thames or Aguilar have a minor injury they are considering 10-day DL’ing one of them to start the year, that’s why Choi is with the team?

I doubt it, I think Thames was dealing with something minor but I don't think that's it. There's an outside chance we are working a bigger trade, but it's far more likely we are trying to get something for one of these guys or will simply cut one within the next 19 hours or so. There's 0 chance we will have Braun, Thames, Aguilar, and Choi on the 25 man roster tomorrow.

There are 14 position players still around, so at the moment it seems Choi is the odd man out since he's only on a minor-league deal.

There are 13 pitchers still around and, as mentioned a few posts up, it seems to be down to Hoover, Williams, and Drake for the last 2 spots.

I'd say this is about right on the hitter side, though I'm not sure how long Aguilar is going to last and I guess there's an outside chance Choi is kept over Aguilar.

I see no point in keeping Choi over Aguilar.

Both would mainly be just pinch hitters, but at least Aguilar would be around to platoon at first if/when Braun has to miss games via some injury vs having another lefthanded firstbaseman on the roster.

To me, it only makes sense to either keep Aguilar or neither of the two.

Bottom line, even through I am not a huge supporter of the signing given how things played out, Cain isn't going anywhere after this year and he shouldn't.

How can you question the contract and simultaneously say there's no way he could possibly be traded? That's a contradiction. If it was not in the team's best interest to sign him, then it is in their best interest to trade him. The signing was a borderline good move to begin with, and if the Brewers falter this year, signing Cain starts to look like a mistake. There's just no need to be stubborn about it. Fixing a mistake is a good thing. Refusing to admit one is not.

Huh? I'm not a huge fan of the signing but it already happened. How to deal with him now that he has signed is another issue entirely. That isn't a contradiction. I never said there was no way he could possibly be traded. I just said it was incredibly dumb, shortsighted and highly unlikely. I'm not ever going to see the logic in your argument so have your last word and his will be over.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Waiting to inevitably sign Daniel Hudson after he was released today.

Only half kidding... I think.

Didn't the Brewers have a deal in place for him a while back? And then went another direction?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Waiting to inevitably sign Daniel Hudson after he was released today.

Only half kidding... I think.

Didn't the Brewers have a deal in place for him a while back? And then went another direction?

I feel like his name was attached to a trade rumor on this site, maybe Fielder?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
yeah I don't remember. I think it might have been wishful thinking. Maybe back when he was on the White Sox and the Brewers traded for Marcum instead.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Was Jesus Aguilar traded to the Tigers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

The Brewers, on the verge of a firesale in 2010, almost traded Fielder for Hudson. The deal wasn't made, and instead they went all in for 2011, trading for Greinke. Then they made it to game 6 of the NLCS.

Was Jesus Aguilar traded to the Tigers?

What???????

His Twitter bio currently says “MLB Player & new tiger”

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Man the drama!

[sarcasm]Zim is coming home![/sarcasm]

@Haudricourt

Follow Follow @Haudricourt

More

Stearns on likelihood of external pitching move: "We're continuing to explore it... I do think we're gaining some traction in that area. I don't know if we'll get anything done but we'll see where it leads."

That's interesting

Incredibly interesting.

Archived