Brewer Fanatic

Non packer game thread

young guns

I interpret the game Bortles had as to when your 5th starter throws 8 innings of 2-hit ball. Sure, he's capable of it, but it won't happen very often. There's a good few QBs in the upcoming draft. Maybe Bortles starts next year with his soon-to-be replacement as backup.

• 3 weeks later...
I interpret the game Bortles had as to when your 5th starter throws 8 innings of 2-hit ball. Sure, he's capable of it, but it won't happen very often. There's a good few QBs in the upcoming draft. Maybe Bortles starts next year with his soon-to-be replacement as backup.

The Jags are almost exactly like the Rams...they've had high picks year after year, they're loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, they just don't have that QB that can help the D go from talented to dominant by helping them stay off the field and can get the ball to their skill players.

I don't think Bortles will ever be more than a backup, but I would have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Geoff coming into the season and really thought Geoff was awful. But I think you're right, they're probably one more Rosen or a Sam Darnold away from being good(I think there's a guy from Wyoming stuck in there as well in the QB rankings).

I saw a discussion on whether or not the Jags should go get Eli Manning in a trade. These trades never seem to happen in the NFL but it could make sense for them.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I saw a discussion on whether or not the Jags should go get Eli Manning in a trade. These trades never seem to happen in the NFL but it could make sense for them.

Yeah, trading a future HOF QB--not that I personally think he's that good, but 2 Super Bowls and the stats he's accumulated,I'll guess he gets in-- seems a bit far fetched. Especially since he's struggled so badly and been so turnover prone even when he had good recievers. Can't imagine he'd have any success switching teams mid-season and having to learn how to play with a new set of skill players, let alone learn the playbook.

Cousins would make a whole lot of sense for them next year assuming Washington doesn't pick up his 35-40 million dollar tag next year.

Archived