Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-24: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT (Brewers lose, 5-0)

hawing
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This club needs help offensively.

Where do you think they will find that help for next year?

1B Thames/Aguilar

2B Walker/Villar

SS Arcia

3B Shaw

C Pina

LF Braun

CF Phillips/Broxton

RF Santana

I know they need a bat in a major way, but who takes the bullet if we go after a big bat this off season? Which positional player gets the boot in the line-up above? I'd like to see them go after a big slugger 1B as I do not think either of our options are going to be our answer in the future.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This club needs help offensively.

Where do you think they will find that help for next year?

1B Thames/Aguilar

2B Walker/Villar

SS Arcia

3B Shaw

C Pina

LF Braun

CF Phillips/Broxton

RF Santana

I know they need a bat in a major way, but who takes the bullet if we go after a big bat this off season? Which positional player gets the boot in the line-up above? I'd like to see them go after a big slugger 1B as I do not think either of our options are going to be our answer in the future.

A big move like getting Votto to play 1B would change this team a lot. I don't see them doing that. I'm not at all convinced Walker will be back, nor do I think they should pay that money to him when they desperately need pitching.

Bottom line is I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade the offense at any position, no need to be overly loyal to any of these guys...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

CC is treating this game like a normal game? I thought yesterday was a must win? Not today? Pitch your best pitchers!!!!! You have an off day tomorrow!!!! Dumb.

Maybe because we had like a 2% chance of winning this game coming into the 8th inning and it wouldn't make much sense to burn our best arms for a game we have almost no chance of winning when we might need to basically run the table the rest of the way to get in.

If Rockies somehow lose... Brewers will be very lucky.

It's whatever to me at this point. If you continue to have to rely on the San Diego Padres every day for you to keep pace in the playoff race, you don't deserve to be going to the playoffs.

The good news regarding the lack of depth in the bullpen and the lack of juice in the lineup is that the cavalry is coming the next couple of years.

Picture a pen with Williams, Bickford and Ponce instead of Torres, Drake et al.

In the lineup, adding Hiura along with Brinson/Phillips will be a major plus.

Longer term, this could go well.

If Rockies somehow lose... Brewers will be very lucky.

It's whatever to me at this point. If you continue to have to rely on the San Diego Padres every day for you to keep pace in the playoff race, you don't deserve to be going to the playoffs.

Yeah I hear ya. Difficult to give up hope though.

The good news regarding the lack of depth in the bullpen and the lack of juice in the lineup is that the cavalry is coming the next couple of years.

Picture a pen with Williams, Bickford and Ponce instead of Torres, Drake et al.

In the lineup, adding Hiura along with Brinson/Phillips will be a major plus.

Longer term, this could go well.

Would love to see Hiura. A nice doubles, contact hitter.

Quintana with a 3 hit shutout. He is a quality pitcher and Stearns was in on acquiring him. But the White Sox wanted too much, Hader for one, and Stearns passed. On to Cincinnatti Tuesday and we shall see what happens.

Quintana's record as a Cub 7-3. He would have been a nice addition especially with what happened to Jimmy.

Genius strategy by the Brewer offense. Tank the game and let Quintana go 9 so the Cubs can rest up their pen and sweep the Cards. Well played.

lol

good call.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Genius strategy by the Brewer offense. Tank the game and let Quintana go 9 so the Cubs can rest up their pen and sweep the Cards. Well played.

lol

good call.

Of course this was not the Brewers real plan late in the game. However, no doubt this is true despite how small the advantage really is.

Archived