Brewer Fanatic

Brewer Ticket Stategy for Cubs Series at Miller Park

Austin Tatious
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few years ago didn't the Packers block people from Washington zip codes from buying tickets to a playoff game against the Seahawks? Maybe that was someone else or maybe that was just a rumor.

Don't know if it's been brought up yet, but it's common for teams that play good travelling fan-bases (like Green Bay) to require extra ticket purchases. The Vikings used to require that if any non-season ticket holder wanted to purchase the Green Bay game, they were required to also purchase a ticket to a preseason game.

So really the only way you curb this would be to not allow the selling of single-game tickets for these games, and bundle them as part of various ticket packages. Cubs fans would be required to exclusively hunt on the secondary market or eat the price of the other tickets with a package.

Gruber Lawffices

So really the only way you curb this would be to not allow the selling of single-game tickets for these games, and bundle them as part of various ticket packages. Cubs fans would be required to exclusively hunt on the secondary market or eat the price of the other tickets with a package.

This is probably the best approach especially if you only package Cubs games with weekday games only.

Doesn't fix what the thread is about but is really the best option for the Brewers and Brewer fans. The more the Cub fans buy the better as that gives the Brewers more money to spend on other areas.

It has been discussed in this thread. I'll post my response to this idea here:

This would cause a greater percentage of Cubs fans. If I want to go to a Cubs game and told I need to buy tickets for several other games, I won't bother. I don't plan ahead, since I don't know who's all going, what the weather is like, etc. Most fans are this way, otherwise there would be more partial season ticket packages sold.

Plus, it would have no effect on the secondary market. It's supply and demand. No matter when the Brewers put them on sale, or how they package them, they will end up on StubHub, and purchased by a huge percentage of Cubs fans.

I get it's irritating, but when Brewers fans know they can get a ton of money for selling their tickets they're going to do so.

FV, I do not buy into that logic at all.

You're right in that it's supply and demand, both of which are affected by price. People usually don't go to games by themselves, they go with multiple people, especially to away games. If they go with three other people, the cost goes from, say, $200 ($50/ticket x 4 tickets) to say $440 ($50/ticket for Cubs game plus two mid-week games at $30/ticket, so $110/set of tickets x 4 tickets). That will reduce demand for single game tickets.

If they go to the secondary market instead to buy single game tickets, that increases the demand in the secondary market which will increase the price of tickets in the secondary market. It may or may not increase the supply of tickets in the secondary market. The secondary market is predominantly season ticket package holders, of which the supply will stay the same. Not all will sell in the secondary market, especially if the Brewers are competitive.

But the higher price will drive down demand for Cubs fans to buy in the secondary market. The comparison of "more Cubs fans" is to the demand if there is no surcharge for single game tickets (i.e. having to buy extra games). I find it highly unlikely that there will be more Cubs fans if there is a surcharge for single game tickets than if there isn't.

Archived