Brewer Fanatic

Brewer Ticket Stategy for Cubs Series at Miller Park

Austin Tatious

I'm sure that the Brewers would prefer to have a stadium full of Brewers fans. But having a stadium full is still pretty great.

I really don't think it's a big deal, or embarrassing, or outrageous that Cubs fans come to Milwaukee to watch their team. Yes, there are some jerks in the crowd, but that's up to Security and the Sherriff's team to handle.

When the Cubs stink again, those fans will fade away.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are multiple season ticket holder plans that are not the whole season. As for raping Cubs fans for ridiculous money, that's closer to smart business. Sell a couple series and pay for the majority of your ticket package. I can't fault people for that.

agreed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Do what many Wisconsin Badgers football opponents do and require you to purchase other games in order to purchase tickets for these games.

Won't hurt season ticket holders because they already purchase multiple games. Most Brewers fans will go to multiple games over the course of the season so it won't hurt them.

Cubs fans will buy those tickets and then just sell them on the secondary market. There's really nothing that can be done. Only allow Wisconsin zip codes? Well, I'm pretty sure most Cubs fans know somebody from Wisconsin who can get tickets for them not to mention the Cubs fans that actually live in Wisconsin.

There are multiple season ticket holder plans that are not the whole season. As for raping Cubs fans for ridiculous money, that's closer to smart business. Sell a couple series and pay for the majority of your ticket package. I can't fault people for that.

When Cubs are beating us 3 of 4 in our ballpark overtaken by Cubs fans, you bet I'm going to blame our supposedly best fans for literally selling out to them. I have a big beef with Cubs fans sitting in the park's best seat, closest to home and the field. Cubs fans might be the worst lot of human beings around, but no one sells out like a Brewers season ticket holder.

Nothing has changed since we had this topic before, and before that. Nobody has come up with a solution, because it's impossible. Doesn't matter what the Brewers do, once those tix are sold, Cubs fans will buy them in the secondary market, that simple.

Like someone said earlier, do what Badgers did with home tickets and make fans buy more tickets to other games. If you want weekend Cubs seats, you have to buy two other nonCubs games in similar section. Brewers fans buy in bulk anyways. It wouldn't keep them away. That would curb interest for Cubs fans a bit with the upfront $ and inconvenience of selling Brewers/Reds week night games on the secondary market.

Then Make Cubs games available just at Miller Park, not online, a week before the game. Again, not a fix, it would just curb more tickets to Brewers fans.

The Brewers could easily get more Wisconsin groups in, as in groups/group leaders that cone to NON Brewers/Cubs games. Give them a nice deal to come, not $50 to sit in the Terrace.

Ultimately, I would like to know if management wants to do anything that would curb $ from coming in. Would the Brewers target legit BREWERS fans to come to games for less in place of Cubs fans. That is the question that I'd like to hear Mark A. and Rick S. answer in different rooms with lie detectors on. Even with regular pricing and not a Cubs fan in the building, the Brewers would have drawn 120,000 plus for this weekend's Cubs series.

When Cubs are beating us 3 of 4 in our ballpark overtaken by Cubs fans, you bet I'm going to blame our supposedly best fans for literally selling out to them. I have a big beef with Cubs fans sitting in the park's best seat, closest to home and the field. Cubs fans might be the worst lot of human beings around, but no one sells out like a Brewers season ticket holder.

Your problem is saying/thinking/believing the Brewers have the best fans in baseball. The only people who say that are guys like Schlesinger whose job it is to sell tickets and media guys to help promote the team to sell even more tickets.

Like someone said earlier, do what Badgers did with home tickets and make fans buy more tickets to other games. If you want weekend Cubs seats, you have to buy two other nonCubs games in similar section. Brewers fans buy in bulk anyways. It wouldn't keep them away. That would curb interest for Cubs fans a bit with the upfront $ and inconvenience of selling Brewers/Reds week night games on the secondary market.

Inconveniencing fans doesn't stop them. If I'm a Cubs fan and get a $75 ticket to a game against the Brewers at Miller Park in the loge diamond box and have to buy two more tickets that cost say $50 in the loge diamond box I'm now in $175. A similar seat for a weekday afternoon game against the Reds at Wrigley costs around $75. Being conservative, I could probably sell those two loge diamond box seats for $35-40. That now costs the Cubs fan an extra $25 just going to a game at Miller Park vs a weekday game at Wrigley. I'm assuming the person would have to take at least a half day off of work on that weekday game and the weekend game costs a similar price, so there's really no financial incentive to either not go or go to Wrigley instead.

Then Make Cubs games available just at Miller Park, not online, a week before the game. Again, not a fix, it would just curb more tickets to Brewers fans.

This is a good way to get 25,000 people at the game instead of 40,000 with a large number of Cubs fans anyways.

"Hey (friend/relative from Wisconsin), can you go to the Miller Park box office and pick up (x number of) tickets to the Cubs game on (date). I will be happy to reimburse you for the time it took you and for the tickets/gas itself. Let me know what you think a fair cost is."

Once again, there isn't a single thing that can be done. Chicago is too big, the Cubs have way too big of a fan base and Milwaukee is way too close, especially to the Northern Chicago suburbs for them to not come. They're going to find their way here regardless of whatever policy is implemented, so deal with it and take as much money as you can from them.

That's why none of those other examples work. Those places are all far enough away where they can at least sort of control who gets into the stadium/arena.

I was at the game on Sunday--admittedly a day game, sitting in the family section--but I made the rounds to several places in the park, and while Cubs fans were out in droves, I didn't see any rudeness, fights, etc. Just a lot of people there to support their team.

As much as I wanted to hate them, Cubs fans gave me no reason to do so.

Look around any stadium during a Cub series - there will be alot of Cub fans, particularly when they are good. They have a national following. Geographically, this will always be an issue...the best "solution" would be for the Brewers to beat up on them so the home fans can enjoy sending Cub fans home with a loss. It's the same way for Bears fans at Solder Field when the Packers come to town.

There should be no special "strategy" for ticket sales, aside from slightly raising prices by calling them "premium games", like the Brewers already do. The Brewers, 2ndary market ticket salespeople, speed traps along I-94, and anyone else should gladly take as much of their money as possible before they crawl back across the border.

As Fear the Chorizo alluded to, I recall "Let's go Cubs" chants in almost every game I've watched this year (the Cubs are the local TV broadcast team), including Cincy, Baltimore, and Tampa. I think others have said it. Cubs fans are geographically scattered and it seems like lots of them have cash to spare. Milwaukee probably gets the brunt of this because it's probably easier to go to a Brewer game than find tix at Wrigley these days. When the Brewers were up in the early 2010s and the Cubs were putting up 100 L's, it didn't feel like a big issue. It's annoying, but it juices up the rivalry, and I don't the Brewers will complain about getting to 2.5 million in attendance this year. Milwaukee's capacity to outdraw its market is a reflection of the city being a great baseball town, but it doesn't hurt to have Cubs fans pad the numbers.

Go sweep the Reds!

I hope you went to all 4 games.

All the 'solutions' mentioned here don't really solve anything. They'll just go up on the secondary market or it will cost the Brewers money, which isn't an option either. All the team can do is win, which will generate more fans for themselves and make the Cubs less enthusiastic.

Milwaukee is 10th in MLB for home average attendance with 31,582 a game. The smallest market in baseball has the 10th highest average attendance at home. Thats amazing! Thanks, Cubs fans!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Milwaukee is 10th in MLB for home average attendance with 31,582 a game. The smallest market in baseball has the 10th highest average attendance at home. Thats amazing! Thanks, Cubs fans!

Cubs fans are going to pay for a fancy new pitcher that beats them 3-4 times a year. It will be glorious!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Since we can't keep them out, might as well soak them for all they have. Double the regular price of every ticket for Cubs series.

Could these games bet a part of that flex ticket price thing? It would be risky but you could sell Cubs games completely separate and at a much higher price. This does sound pretty dumb as I am typing it though lol.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nothing has changed since we had this topic before, and before that. Nobody has come up with a solution, because it's impossible. Doesn't matter what the Brewers do, once those tix are sold, Cubs fans will buy them in the secondary market, that simple.

The Brewers could easily get more Wisconsin groups in, as in groups/group leaders that cone to NON Brewers/Cubs games. Give them a nice deal to come, not $50 to sit in the Terrace.

Ultimately, I would like to know if management wants to do anything that would curb $ from coming in. Would the Brewers target legit BREWERS fans to come to games for less in place of Cubs fans. That is the question that I'd like to hear Mark A. and Rick S. answer in different rooms with lie detectors on. Even with regular pricing and not a Cubs fan in the building, the Brewers would have drawn 120,000 plus for this weekend's Cubs series.

This would cause a greater percentage of Cubs fans. If I want to go to a Cubs game and told I need to buy tickets for several other games, I won't bother. I don't plan ahead, since I don't know who's all going, what the weather is like, etc. Most fans are this way, otherwise there would be more partial season ticket packages sold.

Plus, it would have no effect on the secondary market. It's supply and demand. No matter when the Brewers put them on sales, or how they package them, they will end up on StubHub, and purchased by a huge percentage of Cubs fans.

I get it's irritating, but when Brewers fans know they can get a ton of money for selling their tickets they're going to do so.

Since we can't keep them out, might as well soak them for all they have. Double the regular price of every ticket for Cubs series.

Could these games bet a part of that flex ticket price thing? It would be risky but you could sell Cubs games completely separate and at a much higher price. This does sound pretty dumb as I am typing it though lol.

I believe Terrace Reserved were $24 for Cubs Saturday & Sunday games. They are $14 for the Reds series.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Or more Brewers fans buy season tickets.

Not to mention, season ticket holders sell their tickets to the Cubs series frequently because they can rape the Cubs fans for ridiculous amounts of cash, and because they don't want to sit amongst them...lol

Is rape the most prudent word we could come up with in 2017? :Sigh: Rest of the opinion seems spot on. The game is a commodity. It's not incumbent upon any owner of a commodity to worry about who owns it after they do.

agreed.

Smart business? You guys must be dreaming about a Cubs NLCS! Imagine all the cash you can make!

Did you go to any of the games this past series, rickh150?

No, I didn't go to any of the games this weekend. I called my group rep. and could have gotten Terrace seats for $25, but passed on it. I've been to 10 games this season, usually going to weeknight games, sometimes a Friday. I make between 10-12 games a year. Just thinking back, I attended a Cubs game last year and the year prior, probably 7 or 8 in the last decade. I sit in the Loge Inf. often, sometimes the Loge bleachers.

Price is usually a deciding factor. I, however, don't see the connection between being somewhat thrifty and selling prime seats to the enemy for financial gain, especially when the teams are battling for the playoffs. I really have no problem with selling on StubHub, except when it is the Cubs. Don't people have other Brewers friends to sell tickets to? Man, let brewerfan.net know what you want for a couple seats and I'm sure I and others would be interested at some level.

This is a problem for the organization. The cash cow is helping season ticket holders but is hurting the team's home field advantage.

Archived