Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

hawing
That's crap. If you can't overturn lastnight's call you can't overturn this one.

Last night's was basically a tie. It was impossible to tell. It was fairly easy to see he was safe on this one.

Sigh.

DKWlD6sWsAAL8yF.jpg

Yup that call was an absolute travesty. How do you not call him out after watching that. Wasn't even that close.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's crap. If you can't overturn lastnight's call you can't overturn this one.

Last night's was basically a tie. It was impossible to tell. It was fairly easy to see he was safe on this one.

Sigh.

DKWlD6sWsAAL8yF.jpg

Well, they clearly didn't get that in New York or on FSN.

That's all that I needed to see. You don't know. You actually have no clue. So calling for a managers head is reactionary to the play and very silly.

Its not reactionary to the play, its reactionary to multiple seasons of the same crap, culminating with a play that would have gotten me benched in high school. I want a winner. I want someone to come in and have a press conference like

Anyone have any confidence whatsoever that we're going to win this game?

I feel like you ask this same question every time a game is close.

He's not wrong.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hate to say it but this may be do or die. Meat of the order due up in the 10th for the Cubs. With the relievers we have remaining, not liking our chances if this keeps going.

Yep, I agree. I'm wondering, in the extra inning games we've had this year, how many did we lose in the 10th? It seems like most of our extra inning losses are right away.

This coming from the guy who said we may as well close down the boards if we don't win last night.

He's not wrong.

I mean, I badly want a Brewer to hit a walkoff HR and Miller Park to erupt. Its just that we've seen how this script usually ends.

I mean, I badly want a Brewer to hit a walkoff HR and Miller Park to erupt. Its just that we've seem how this script usually ends.

Right there with ya man. I think many of us are. This offense just doesn't seem to have the right mix to win these types of games very often. Could have made the entire difference of this season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ugh. Ball four there.

I will be watching but I wish I could turn this off. Just hurts the heart so much to watch this season slip away one painful loss at a time.

Archived