Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That double hopefully gets the monkey off the back and he'll get hot. Or, he won't.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

WHAT????????!!!!!!!!?????????????????

No discipline. Fire CC. The team's heads are all out of it

Lol. Lol okay.

The idea works if the batter doesn't run, or the runner stays on first. That didn't happen however.

What are you talking about, there was no idea on that. Just complete crap with no focus. There was an extremely easy out at 2nd, or at least catch the frickin bunt

Knee jerk reaction much? Counsell has a 60 win team in the playoff hunt with less than 2 weeks to play.. yeah, let's get rid of him.

This is speaking to everyone ... from now on can we please take a deep breath before posting the first thing that comes to mind on this thread? Some of us only have the gameday up and need explanations of what happened so we come here and it gets a little tiresome to have to read a lot of emotional responses. Just a thought.

Knee jerk reaction much? Counsell has a 60 win team in the playoff hunt with less than 2 weeks to play.. yeah, let's get rid of him.

This is speaking to everyone ... from now on can we please take a deep breath before posting the first thing that comes to mind on this thread? Some of us only have the gameday up and need explanations of what happened so we come here and it gets a little tiresome to have to read a lot of emotional responses. Just a thought.

It is just your opinion that CC is the reason we have more wins than some random computer model thought we "should" have had. Is Counsell out there hitting HRs? Has CC been shutting teams out on the mound?

Reminds me of all the people around here who thought RRR was automatically a great manager because we won 96 games, and then he goes on to give 3 playoff starts to Marcum and put Mark Kotsay in CF, essentially be forced by Doug Melvin acquiring JHJr to finally bench McGehee.

Has CC ever, and I mean once ever, held a player accountable for a horrible AB with the tying/winning run on 3rd with less than 2 outs?

Now I know almost every major manager or coach are equally worthless, but every once in a while you have a winner. We have been lucky around here with guys like Bo Ryan, Barry Alvarez, Mike Holmgren and of course Vince Lombardi. Did these winners tolerate mental mistakes and foolish play? No, they did not. CC just lets it happen

It is just your opinion that CC is the reason we have more wins than some random computer model thought we "should" have had. Is Counsell out there hitting HRs? Has CC been shutting teams out on the mound?

Reminds me of all the people around here who thought RRR was automatically a great manager because we won 96 games, and then he goes on to give 3 playoff starts to Marcum and put Mark Kotsay in CF.

Has CC ever, and I mean once ever, held a player accountable for a horrible AB with the tying/winning run on 3rd with less than 2 outs?

Now I know almost every major manager or coach are equally worthless, but every once in a while you have a winner. We have been lucky around here with guys like Bo Ryan, Barry Alvarez, Mike Holmgren and of course Vince Lombardi. Did these winners tolerate mental mistakes and foolish play? No, they did not. CC just lets it happen

Ok, so were you just aggressively pushing a point home or do you really want Craig Counsell dismissed after the game for the mistake Shaw made? I need clarification before I continue.

Hader is just so fun to watch. Maybe the Nelson injury is a blessing because it should force them to put him the rotation. At least that's how I'll try to spin it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ok, so were you just aggressively pushing a point home or do you really want Craig Counsell dismissed after the game for the mistake Shaw made? I need clarification before I continue.

We can fire him after the season if we can find someone who isn't scared to win.

How do you think Bill Belichick would handle something like that, a player in a week 16 game, tied playing for the division title and they run the wrong route?

We can fire him after the season if we can find someone who isn't scared to win.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Have a beer and relax a bit.

How do you think Bill Belichick would handle something like that, a player in a week 16 game, tied playing for the division title and they run the wrong route?

He would probably tell him to run the right route next time.

Also, you have Mike Holmgren in your list of coaches who didn't put up with mental mistakes and that guy's QB was Brett Favre.

Counsell just can't resist using Perez in a leadoff situation even when the matchup doesn't make any sense. That was an ideal spot to use Villar.

Perez came in before that inning on the double switch. He's been out in RF for Santana. Which, makes no sense to me. Counsell acts as if all his players are equal.

He would probably tell him to run the right route next time.

Also, you have Mike Holmgren in your list of coaches who didn't put up with mental mistakes and that guy's QB was Brett Favre.

Holmgren coached Favre for 8 seasons in which he went from leading the league in pics to 3 straight MVPs. Have you heard Favre talk about Holmgren yelling at him all the time? You are thinking of the Mike Sherman led Favre years

Archived