Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

hawing
Yeah I mean, if an umpires' wife and kids are sitting in the stands decked out in Cubs' gear, that's not a good look. But a friend sitting in the stands? Meh, whatever. Umpires are human beings with friends that are also fans of the team. It doesn't mean there's a huge conspiracy going on. It's not like there was a bad damning call last night that screams bias.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon don't go down this whiny route. Think about it, these guys travel all over the country. It's only logical that if they have guests for a game in whatever city that they're going to be fans of the local team. IN this case both teams are local.

Especially since there really wasn't anything to complain about other than balls and strikes which can be done every game.

Perhaps their guests she told to where neutral clothes but I'm sure this happens all the time

The paranoia here is really funny to me. I appreciate that some of you hurt so badly when things don't go our team's way and I mean that genuinely ... but this has been a remarkable season, hard for me to be mad at how things are finishing. I am not saying one way is better than the other but it is hard for me to get emotionally distraught at a bunch of young kids for not winning a made up game against another group of young kids. This game is hard. I don't think these guys go up to the plate wanting to swing at bad pitches, wanting to walk guys, wanting to not put the ball in play with a runner on 3rd, etc. Game is hard. Sometimes we swing and miss. Sometimes the other pitcher throws a really good pitch. Sometimes the umpires see a strike that isn't and vice versa.

I appreciate that some expect greatness and are hurt when it doesn't happen ... I just hope those of you that do are not missing out on the beauty that this season has been. Lowest payroll in baseball, lowest expectations in baseball, and we pushed one of the biggest spenders in the game down the wire and now their fans are coming to our message board to troll us. Feels kind of good to get that form of 'respect', no?

We will see how the rest of the season plays out - still a few games left and we can make it happen. But either way, try to enjoy it and keep the blood pressure in check. Cheers.

Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.

The cherry on top of these last 2 games is that the Cubs are basically going to have the division sewn up by the end of the series. So they have 4 coming up against St Louis, and instead of those being important games for the Cubs, they can essentially shift into cruise control and start lining up their pitching matchups for the playoffs, resting their top relievers and position players, etc.

So not only have we hurt ourselves, we've actually helped the Cardinals in the Wild Card race by softening up their schedule for the last week.

Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.

The cherry on top of these last 2 games is that the Cubs are basically going to have the division sewn up by the end of the series. So they have 4 coming up against St Louis, and instead of those being important games for the Cubs, they can essentially shift into cruise control and start lining up their pitching matchups for the playoffs, resting their top relievers and position players, etc.

So not only have we hurt ourselves, we've actually helped the Cardinals in the Wild Card race by softening up their schedule for the last week.

So let's hypothetically say we split these last two, as do the Cardinals. The Cubs would have a 5 game lead on St. Louis afterwards. You believe - after enduring 7 months of a baseball season - heading into a 4 game series against the only team that can take the division from them - the Cubs are going to lay down/rest? Give St. Louis any chance to get momentum and take the season down to the final game? The Cubs will play hard until math tells them they don't have to. Don't fool yourself. The Brewers haven't done themselves any favors the last 3 nights but don't be this way..

So let's hypothetically say we split these last two, as do the Cardinals. The Cubs would have a 5 game lead on St. Louis afterwards. You believe - after enduring 7 months of a baseball season - heading into a 4 game series against the only team that can take the division from them - the Cubs are going to lay down/rest? Give St. Louis any chance to get momentum and take the season down to the final game? The Cubs will play hard until math tells them they don't have to. Don't fool yourself. The Brewers haven't done themselves any favors the last 3 nights but don't be this way..

Uh, okay. So let's say this 'hypothetically' occurs, the Cubs would have a 5 game lead with 7 to play . So one single win makes it 6 with 6 to play. You believe --in the final 3 games -- after having at least a the clinched the Cubs are going to play all their starters, roll with Wade Davis and other top relievers on consecutive days, and in any way treat the games with the urgency of the 1st game of this series? That's absolute foolishness. Sure, they're not going to treat it like a ST game until they actually clinch, but they're not going to be playing it like they played the first game of this series.

Please don't tell me not to 'be this way' when my point was complete logical. Maddon was resting starters from the middle of September last year. And it might not even come to that, they could clinch before the series. If it's 5 like you'd say, they'd clinch with 2 wins against St Louis. You don't think it's impactful that they'd be treating the last 2 games of the series like spring training games?

Bottom line, we need to win these last 2 games against the Cubs to keep things competitive.

Archived