Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's bad how predictable this has gotten. We can pretty much call our shot at home in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th, that we will in fact not walk off in the 9th, then give up the lead in the 10th and lose.

It is bad. Not only can you virtually guarantee such a result, but the same is true when losing going into the 9th inning. The near-complete inability to pull out wins is shocking for a major league team.

North burbs people have an easier drive to mke than wrigley too. It is what it is, nothing can be done while the Cubs are good. The only example I remember is when we were good and the Cubs were tanking I was at games at wrigley that were majority Brewers fans. It happened. We bought like 8th row behind a dugout for like 30 bucks too. Granted, most of these diehards weren't even fans 3 years ago so it's a bit different now

There have been times when a player has been pushed off the base. This was not one of those times. He was almost able to keep his hand or foot on the base without leaving but he was off for a split second with the tag applied.

I firmly believe the tag forced his hand off, however it was just a normal tag, nothing like a carpenter tag, so it falls in the category of what can you do.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question

If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question

If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.

I have a friend that works the games and this person wouldn't lie about it. Was seen firsthand.

I have a friend that works the games and this person wouldn't lie about it. Was seen firsthand.

I believe you. Did they take some photos? If so they should bring it to a journalist at a newspaper.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]

Is this what we are resorting to now? Cripes. Season must be over.

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]

Is this what we are resorting to now? Cripes. Season must be over.

We? I don't work for the Brewers. I said games because if something is happening at one game that doesn't add up, it probably is at other games too. More of a MLB issue than just a Brewer issue.

It's pathetically embarrassing how loud it is for the Cubs in our own stadium. It can't possible be that drastic of a home environment anywhere else in the majors.

Accounts from Washington was that the Phillies fans would attend in droves during their good run about a decade ago. But that's about the closest recent example. Maybe being in a different league and division than the Cubs wasn't so bad.

The Marlins and the Rays have the similar issues down here.

It's bad how predictable this has gotten. We can pretty much call our shot at home in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th, that we will in fact not walk off in the 9th, then give up the lead in the 10th and lose.

It is bad. Not only can you virtually guarantee such a result, but the same is true when losing going into the 9th inning. The near-complete inability to pull out wins is shocking for a major league team.

I hope our guys were paying attention. It is remarkable what can happen when put the ball in play instead of trying to hit a HR every time.

Um, so what?

Umps get tickets. They give the tickets to friends, who happen to be Cubs fans.

What is the big deal?

Absolutely hilarious.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived