Brewer Fanatic

Toughest Brewer Losses...

Cool Hand Lucroy
This thread has taught me I'm old.

Thanks everyone!

I'm right there with you Fido! I was a Junior in HS at the time and was fortunate enough to attend the playoff and WS games that year. My friends and I walked down to Dunkin Donuts on Hwy 100 in West Allis after game 7 and drowned our sorrows in a box of donuts.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Game 5 of the 2011 NLCS was a tough one, game 6 was not IMO. I knew it was over and they had no chance with Marcum on the mound, he was done.

Last night's loss was one of the worst I've ever experienced, especially considering it came on the heels of another gut puncher the night before. Just super painful to watch, just waiting for them to blow it. Missed opportunities with guys on (again) all game, come back and take the lead, Cubs get leadoff guy on in the 9th because Jeffress doesn't hustle to 1st. A call that could go either way, goes against the Brewers.

Baez looks like a fool swinging out of his shoes and then shortens up and gets a hit on a super tough pitch.. Santana swings through a fastball right down the middle and then chases pitches way out of the zone.. Broxton jumps for no reason and drops a fly ball.. Counsell lets Drake pitch to one of the best right handed hitters in the game even though righties hit .350 against him. All while listening to obnoxious Cub fans scream in Miller Park.

Ahh, that hurt!!!

That last paragraph is full of truth..... CC letting Drake stay in against any righty in a tied game in extras is questionable, and we had other/better relievers available.

I wonder if one of the Moderators could tell us something. Does the bf.net cuss filter give you alerts and statistics for how many cusses it filters, say during a given day? If so, how does yesterday's IGT rate in terms of cusses thwarted? And what is the cussingest game on record?

I wonder if one of the Moderators could tell us something. Does the bf.net cuss filter give you alerts and statistics for how many cusses it filters, say during a given day? If so, how does yesterday's IGT rate in terms of cusses thwarted? And what is the cussingest game on record?

I vaguely recall the cussing ban being lifted for a day or two a few years ago and limited to one particular thread. Seems like a good time for a comeback.

I vaguely recall the cussing ban being lifted for a day or two a few years ago and limited to one particular thread. Seems like a good time for a comeback.

It was after they lost to the Cardinals in the 2011 NLCS. I was just going to post that we need to revive a similar thread.

It was after they lost to the Cardinals in the 2011 NLCS. I was just going to post that we need to revive a similar thread.

Yes, that thread was glorious. Mainly because BF.net has been such a great community of level-headed Brewer fans for so long, but on that day we collectively let it fly. Like the quiet guy who all of a sudden loses it...everyone takes notice. I wish it were archived somewhere...

I am not Shea Vucinich

The June 29, 2007 Cubs game is probably number one for me. That may have been back when FS Wisconsin (or FSNORTH or whatever they called it then) still didn't show Brewer day games (or at least not regularly) because I seem to remember seeing the end of the game on WGN.

Also the four-game series at the end of July 2008 when the Cubs came to Miller Park and beat us down. We went into that series tied for the division lead and laid a complete egg.

I couldn't remember any regular season games because those are pretty easy to shut out after some time, including that Cubs game in 2007. That one has to rank right up there. Game 6 in the NLCS, with Kotsay in CF and an obviously gassed Marcum pitching with his dead arm, Roenicke really angered me with those moves. I thought Narveson was the one that should've went that day because he had pretty good success against the Cards, but I'm sure RR didn't want to go to a #5 starter in an elimination game, although he was still a clear cut better option than Marcum. Game 7 of the 82 World Series of course, but I was a little kid back then and I remember my father wouldn't allow me to stay up past my normal bed time because it was a school night so I didn't see the whole game.

My top 5 are already on here but I'll give a shout out to 2 I was at: the K-Rod blown save in San Diego at the end of August 2014 (2 days after the Brewers won a Kyle Lohse start 10-1) and the 5th game of the 1981 playoffs - we had great seats for free since no one thought the game would be played and the 2 wins before that were great but still.

I'll admit, reading through some of these does make me feel a bit better about the last two nights. I mean one run leads get blown, especially without top closers. This year, especially the second half, has been a year of a lot of holding onto small leads late in games.

I guess the five worst for me that stick out this year:

1. Torres blowing that 3 run lead in the 9th to the Dodgers

2. Yesterday's game

3. The Kershaw game, blowing 1-0 lead in the 9th

4. Blowing a 4-0 and 8-4 lead to the Braves and Bartolo early in season

5. Maybe that game against the Giants early on, coming back from down 2 or 3 in the 9th, blowing a huge opportunity to win it, then giving up a million runs in the top of the 10th

Hard to believe at the time this was posted, the two worst losses of the year would happen in the next 48 hours.

On an otherwise glorious night, the game when Yount got his 3,000th hit, the Brewers lost a big game with 2 outs in the 9th on a similar play as Knebel's error in Pittsburgh. That really hurt a very good Brewer team's chances to overtake a great Toronto team in the division.

I'll admit, reading through some of these does make me feel a bit better about the last two nights. I mean one run leads get blown, especially without top closers. This year, especially the second half, has been a year of a lot of holding onto small leads late in games.

I guess the five worst for me that stick out this year:

1. Torres blowing that 3 run lead in the 9th to the Dodgers

2. Yesterday's game

3. The Kershaw game, blowing 1-0 lead in the 9th

4. Blowing a 4-0 and 8-4 lead to the Braves and Bartolo early in season

5. Maybe that game against the Giants early on, coming back from down 2 or 3 in the 9th, blowing a huge opportunity to win it, then giving up a million runs in the top of the 10th

Hard to believe at the time this was posted, the two worst losses of the year would happen in the next 48 hours.

Yeah, probably need to update the post after Friday's game. But if we're making a best wins list, we just saw #1 today without a doubt.

I dont know if its been mentioned but one thats always stood out to me is the cordero game in texas where we were up i believe 3-0in the 9th. He gets the first 2 and then we lose on like 6 straight hits. I dont believe any were homers either.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived