Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-21: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 10 innings]

hawing
So apparently Vogt and Pina are in a straight platoon? Sacrificing defense st 1B? Sure. But at Catcher it's way too dangerous

uh oh...

I wouldn't open that can or worms here, but I agree with you!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So apparently Vogt and Pina are in a straight platoon? Sacrificing defense st 1B? Sure. But at Catcher it's way too dangerous

uh oh...

16-8 record with Vogt starting. Move along.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Read someplace that Arrieta will be on a pitch count, probably 70 - 80 pitches.

If we could only jump on him early, ruin his confidence, and score some runs, it would be fantastic!

CC likes the lefties against righty. Sogard sees about an extra half-pitch per PA than Arcia too, which doesn't mean much, but with Arietta on a pitch limit (most likely) it isn't the worst thing in the world to have a guy who may be able to help on that front. I know that's really digging down into the details, but that feels appropriate at this point.

I think I heard that the Cubs will have Arrieta on a 75-80 pitch limit. It would be nice if the Brewers could get to him and get him out early. I suspect we’ll be seeing Justin Wilson somewhere in the middle innings to face the Brewers lefty heavy lineup.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

uh oh...

16-8 record with Vogt starting. Move along.

That stat is way to vague. Anyone can cherry pick stats to support their argument. I hope Vogt hits 2 homers tonight though!

CC likes the lefties against righty. Sogard sees about an extra half-pitch per PA than Arcia too, which doesn't mean much, but with Arietta on a pitch limit (most likely) it isn't the worst thing in the world to have a guy who may be able to help on that front. I know that's really digging down into the details, but that feels appropriate at this point.

I think I heard that the Cubs will have Arrieta on a 75-80 pitch limit. It would be nice if the Brewers could get to him and get him out early. I suspect we’ll be seeing Justin Wilson somewhere in the middle innings to face the Brewers lefty heavy lineup.

That's the part where aguilar, broxton, etc ph... We have a ridiculous amount of bench options

That's the part where aguilar, broxton, etc ph... We have a ridiculous amount of bench options

But Counsell has to be careful about emptying his bench to go lefty-righty too soon and too often. He got stuck on that last night when he ended up with a lot of lefties against the Pirates left handed relievers. If he makes too many changes in the middle of the game he could get stuck with most of the lefties out when Edwards and Davis are in to finish.

Broxton is in one of his Equal Opportunity Strikeout Machine streaks. He’s 8 for his last 48 with 20 Ks, so not a great option off the bench. Same with Bandy and Susac.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Absolutely love how MLB.tv allows me to change the audio overlay, so I can listen to Uke for this series while I watch the game, in perfect sync.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

A Davies that can't find the corners is just not going to work. Come on young man. We NEED you!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well, our lefties should just appeal to the 3rd base up the rest of the night. Arietta trying to take out the 3B ump.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Why didn't we pitch Zach on the road last night if he's so much better on the road?

Archived