Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-21: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 10 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have choked the division away and deservedly so.

I don't even want to look up what our record is in extra inning games this year . It must be putrid.

4-10

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yes, worst loss of the year.

Drake and Broxton sucked tonight. Too bad Walker couldn't have scored on Travis' base hit in the ninth and this game would have been over and the guys could have celebrated. Instead, the Cubbies and Wade Davis win this thing.

Disappointing.

Now I'll stay up for a few hrs all pissed off. I should be like my oldest who quit watching them last year. He said 37 yrs of frustration was enough for him. But I guess I'll die before I see any world series win. Even when they are having a good year, they are choking it away as usual.

I would absolutely fire Darnell Coles after the season.

It's bad enough how bad this offense has been in the second half, but their late inning approaches have been contagious across the lineup and have cost us so many games.

Yes, worst loss of the year.

Drake and Broxton sucked tonight. Too bad Walker couldn't have scored on Travis' base hit in the ninth and this game would have been over and the guys could have celebrated. Instead, the Cubbies and Wade Davis win this thing.

Disappointing.

Yeah Drake and Broxton had bad games, but it should have never came down to that. The approach with RISP needs to change for anything positive to happen. It has been the main issue since the AS Break.

Cravy was already DFAed this year, no one wanted him so he had to stick around.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to get released, still would have collected a check for the season. Surprised Brewers brass didn't have the balls to release him.

Just keep him and send him to the instructional league for the whole year.

It's bad enough how bad this offense has been in the second half, but their late inning approaches have been contagious across the lineup and have cost us so many games.

It is somewhat of an industry trend. Swing for the fences, don't worry about strikeouts. It is one of the reasons the Dodgers won't win the WS. Just a faulty approach in big games

Pretty painful when Javier Baez of all people shortens up and makes contact and beats you

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The RISp And overall clutch hitting is terrible and think Coles will be fired at the end of the season

It was a surprising hire to me. A Lifetime 245 hitter going to tell guys how to hit. Worked the first half of the year and then the wheels fell off the wagon and rolled into the manure pit.

I don't know what to do there. But you're right, the approach to hitting in late innings and extra innings has to change.

Division is over, folks. Worth watching what the Rockies and Cardinals do but the Cubs have won the Central.

This is what happens when you continue to fail in clutch hitting situations time and time again. This is why we're still the Brewers.

Yup! Everyone please don't discuss the Central anymore. It's over.

Santana's AB is the kind of ABs you get when your offense depends on the home run to score 90% of your runs. OK it's more like 48% but the point is still valid.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2017/08/25/brewers-struggles-runners-scoring-position-makes-them-vulnerable-when-hrs-vanish/597754001/

Santana's AB is the kind of ABs you get when your offense depends on the home run to score 90% of your runs. OK it's more like 48% but the point is still valid.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2017/08/25/brewers-struggles-runners-scoring-position-makes-them-vulnerable-when-hrs-vanish/597754001/

I think you can have an offense that relies on a homer but also understands how to take a different approach in situations like last night. Santana is young, hopefully he learns. About all we can hope for there but if I were him it would've been hard to get to sleep last night.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Of the Brewers many losses this season, that was certainly one of them. That one really stings, should've had it. I still think we can bounce back with our relievers getting at least one day of rest and we are still right there for the wild card (thanks Padres/Giants). I'm sure the Rockies are kicking themselves just as bad as we are.

Archived