Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-21: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 10 innings]

hawing
Division is over, folks. Worth watching what the Rockies and Cardinals do but the Cubs have won the Central.

This is what happens when you continue to fail in clutch hitting situations time and time again. This is why we're still the Brewers.

Problem is, to win wild card, we have to go through Cubs three more times.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we would do something like DFA Drake right after the game, just to send a message that we do not tolerate losers. Its not like we need him or should ever use him again anyways.

Ok, if you are going to pull Drake, why on earth would you wait to see what he did after allowing 3 straight crushed balls?

This is frustrating, but a lot of it is bad luck/Cubs making plays. First, the close call at first. Could have gone either way. Second, Baez's good approach with two strikes, sending a dribbler just far enough from Arcia to score the run. Third, Shaw's single was drilled so Walker had no chance to score. Then, the Cubs hit the mistakes the Brewers miss.

Tomorrow the bullpen is back in good shape, and the Crew faces Lackey. This one sucks and is immensely frustrating (and isn't over yet), but if the Padres can protect a 2 run lead, we're just as in the WC race as we were this morning. And that's always been the more winnable race to me.

Man, that was so pathetic from a professional ball player. It is just disgusting.

This is a little over the top. Yeah it was a really bad and untimely misplay but it's not like it was a routine flyball that he just dropped. Honestly think Perez would have even gotten there?

Don't know, but Phillips would have, without a doubt...

Subbing Broxton into the game for the match-up was questionable. He is not the elite defensive wizard that Rock and BA make him out to be.

Over the top you say, I disagree...

The whole reason he was subbed in was for the batting matchup. He did his job, walked and scored the winning run. Then he misplayed the ball in the 10th. It was not an easy play, but it was a misplay. It happens to every professional ball player at times. It would not have prevented Drake from serving up a gopher ball to Bryant.

How quickly people forget that he literally won a game with his defense 3 weeks ago.

Can't remember a Brewers team that so consistently lost in heartbreaking fashion every time you knew it was coming

Yea, except half the time you guys "knew it was coming" it didn't. Which is why they're still in the playoff hunt.

Don't get me wrong, they've been great and exceeded expectations. But when was the last time they gave up a late lead then snatched it back? Or their record in extras? They've outperformed expectations and yet lost so many games they could've won, I'd argue many more than they managed to win in a situation like tonight

Exactly what history has said all 2nd half of the season

Division is over, folks. Worth watching what the Rockies and Cardinals do but the Cubs have won the Central.

This is what happens when you continue to fail in clutch hitting situations time and time again. This is why we're still the Brewers.

Problem is, to win wild card, we have to go through Cubs three more times.

I still think we can split this series, but that won't do anything to keep us in the division race. Just comes down to whether we can get lucky enough for Colorado to go on a big losing streak.

The whole reason he was subbed in was for the batting matchup.

really?

I know that, but this wild and crazy roster manipulation is sometimes too much...

Broxton walked, great... Only to completely screw up a play in the outfield that Phillips makes 100% of the time. Who is to say Phillips doesn't hit a HR or game winning triple at some point rather than being removed from the game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

2nd night in a row where this team's utter lack of ability to basically just put the ball in play to blow an inning open or win a game has cost them a W

This team has been doing that - failing to put the ball in play - a lot this season, not just these last 2 games. Hell, we can't get a deep enough fly ball with one out and a guy at 3rd to score.

The whole reason he was subbed in was for the batting matchup.

really?

I know that, but this wild and crazy roster manipulation is sometimes too much...

Broxton walked, great... Only to completely screw up a play in the outfield that Phillips makes 100% of the time. Who is to say Phillips doesn't hit a HR or game winning triple at some point rather than being removed from the game.

I like Phillips as much as the next guy, but it is insanely over the top to say he makes that play '100%' of the time. That shows no appreciation for the degree of difficulty on both reading that ball initially and also having enough range to run it down.

It was a bad play. I said so myself when it happened. But my goodness, pathetic for a professional? Really?

Rockies, Cardinals, and Brewers all right in the WC. I am trying to remind myself that this is fun. I'll say this, being this annoyed over baseball is the most enjoyment I've gotten from a season since 2014. This one's been less frustrating, if you can believe it.

Does Meddling Maddon keep Davis on for the 10th? Bottom of the order....time for two bloops and a blast.

Archived