Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-20: Brewers (Wilkerson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

hawing
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't that be reviewed?

Fair/foul plays not reviewable

Should have asked for help......inexcusable not to

It wasn't really a fair or foul decision. It was deadball or batter interference. I don't know if that's reviewable or not but he should have asked for help. It's a joke he didn't. He had the worst view of anybody to see that play.

Berry should not have trying to bunt for a hit there, every frickin fast guy does that every time they try to bunt (looking at you Carlos Gomez). That needs to be a sac bunt, get it down then run.

Or just maybe not keep trying to play smallball?

What is our success rate this year when we make purposeful efforts to try to 'manufacture' a run? 10%? Perhaps it's just not something we do well?

Why can't that be reviewed?

Fair/foul plays not reviewable

Should have asked for help......inexcusable not to

It wasn't really a fair or foul decision. It was deadball or batter interference. I don't know if that's reviewable or not but he should have asked for help. It's a joke he didn't. He had the worst view of anybody to see that play.

This was my thinking too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Berry should not have trying to bunt for a hit there, every frickin fast guy does that every time they try to bunt (looking at you Carlos Gomez). That needs to be a sac bunt, get it down then run.

Or just maybe not keep trying to play smallball?

What is our success rate this year when we make purposeful efforts to try to 'manufacture' a run? 10%? Perhaps it's just not something we do well?

That is fine too, but if you are up there with the sac bunt sign then bunt first, run after

Here is a pattern with CC, he knows Swarzak doesn't have it (getting Knebel up) but he won't actually pull him until he gives up the tying run. Too loyal.

That was a bad pitch to get that K

Edit: good job CC, still took 1 hitter too long but it worked out

I can't even blame the pen if we blow this. They've been near perfect lately, can't expect that to continue. The fact of the matter is we had the best part of our order up with the bases loaded in the 7th with 1 out. You've just got to get it done there and get at least 1 insurance run.

Archived