Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-20: Brewers (Wilkerson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

hawing
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look...I know he doesn't have a lot of choices right now, but I seriously have to question CC's decision to give Wilkerson his first ML start in the middle of a pennant race. Why would you do that?? It's not like he's some flame throwing phenom...he's a 28 year old, that was working in a grocery store not that long ago. Now granted, neither has been very good, but at least Garza and Guerra have pitched in Major league games before, and Garza has pitched in big games. Not saying they would have done any better, but at this time of the year, in this situation(pennant race), as a manager, I'm going with the experience every time, and see what happens.

No win situation.....if he would have started Garza or Guerra and they would have gotten pounded you would have been ripping him for starting them.

Can we just stop,second guessing every decision?

Probably just hoping for one of those flukey great first debuts that for some reason tend to happen a lot.

Glad we got out of that. Ump wasn't having anything during that AB

Rockies lose. Cubs down by 4 and looking like more. And we lay an egg. I know you can't win every game but it seems like every time there's a chance to gain ground they just crap the bed.

8-2 the last ten, gained three games on the Rockies, kept pace with the Cubs, down by a run. That's your definition of crapping the bed?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rockies lose. Cubs down by 4 and looking like more. And we lay an egg. I know you can't win every game but it seems like every time there's a chance to gain ground they just crap the bed.

Well, they were 3 games behind the Rockies 6 days ago, now they're 1 game behind, so they have been gaining ground this last week.

8-2 the last ten, gained three games on the Rockies, kept pace with the Cubs, down by a run. That's your definition of crapping the bed?

Yes, the way they are playing tonight is crapping the bed.

Obviously it's out of their control...but going 8-2 in a stretch of 10 games should absolutely allow you to gain AT LEAST a game on the team ahead of you. The fact that they not only didn't gain ground, but actually LOST games during a freaking 8-2 stretch is incredibly maddening.

I'm not opposed to a steal attempt but this guy cant find the zone. Maybe wait a bit?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived