Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-20: Brewers (Wilkerson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

hawing

BREWERS (81-70)

2B Hernan Perez ®

RF Domingo Santana ®

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Aaron Wilkerson ®

PIRATES (68-84)

2B Adam Frazier (L)

LF Starling Marte ®

CF Andrew McCutchen ®

1B Josh Bell (S)

3B David Freese ®

RF Jordan Luplow ®

C Elias Diaz ®

SS Jordy Mercer ®

LHP Steven Brault (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hernan Perez leading off again, why? I love Craiggers and think he's done a great job, but this is baffling.

I can't believe I'm defending this but he adds speed and a .351 OBP (.814OPS) vs LHP.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I thought they'd give Villar a start tonight to be honest and him leadoff. I also thought Braun might be given a day off before this 4 game set to freshen up a touch(I would anticipate Braun sitting either Friday or Saturday since not today). I was expecting Villar, Perez(LF), Santana, and the rest the same as is. This lineup is about par for the course for Counsel against lefties though.

Keeping fingers crossed the Giants find a way to hang on and beat the Rockies - then the Brewers can hopefully find a way to win tonight...and if by some unicorn miracle the Rays actually beat the Cubs, the Crew would be tied for the 2nd WC and 2.5 games back of the division at the start of tomorrow's game. This week is all about keeping as many postseason options open as possible - here's to hoping!

Keeping fingers crossed the Giants find a way to hang on and beat the Rockies - then the Brewers can hopefully find a way to win tonight...and if by some unicorn miracle the Rays actually beat the Cubs, the Crew would be tied for the 2nd WC and 2.5 games back of the division at the start of tomorrow's game. This week is all about keeping as many postseason options open as possible - here's to hoping!

The back end of the Giants bullpen is pretty good. And it's a tough place to score, so 3 runs is a lot. And the Rays have played well all 3 games they've played against the cubs and have won 2 of 3, they also aren't quite out of the playoff race just yet. There's a very real chance tonight goes well on all fronts for the crew.

I thought they'd give Villar a start tonight to be honest and him leadoff. I also thought Braun might be given a day off before this 4 game set to freshen up a touch(I would anticipate Braun sitting either Friday or Saturday since not today). I was expecting Villar, Perez(LF), Santana, and the rest the same as is. This lineup is about par for the course for Counsel against lefties though.

I think Braun is in it to win it. His bat is heating up and we all remember what happened the last time we sat Braun as he was heating up. Ice cold! Also, maybe he realizes that his opportunities at a post season are limited and the time is now. Earn that $$$$

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun historically crushes LHP. Almost never going to sit him vs a lefty. Eyetest this year without looking it up it doesn't seem as drastic, but some years the numbers have been absurd vs lefties.

I get that he crushes lefties, I just figured a day off to freshen up against the cubs might matter more than this game.

I think Braun is in it to win it.

Honestly hadn't even thought about it, but yeah he's been playing pretty much daily. I think he doesn't argue much about his off days during the year, but he has to know these are career defining opportunities. When he is done, we'll all talk about his grand slam against Pit in 2008, his Wild Card clinching HR against the Cubs in 2008, his division clinching HR in 2011...and hopefully another big moment in 2017. I think he wants to play every day from here on out, and it's refreshing to see.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived