Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-19: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers record 81st win, 1-0]

hawing
Remember when TB scored I think only 3 runs vs us a few weeks ago in 3 games? Goes around comes around I guess. But yea very frustrating we've done everything we could reasonably expect since the cinncy sweep and it's not getting us there. Just keep winning, it's all you can do

I think the Giants have Cueto going tonight. Hopefully he's on his game.

I think Matt Moore tomorrow too. I know he's had a rough year and all, but at least we know he has the talent in him to have a good game. Better than some no name jabroni, unless he's pitching vs MKE I suppose

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea I hope the You Need to Bunt crowd paid attention tonight.

But that's the issue. It isn't a binary equation. I think Phillips had some great AB's today and as a manager I would have given him his normal AB. But there are scenarios where bunting is a fine thing to do

Anyhow - Nice Win!!

Yea I hope the You Need to Bunt crowd paid attention tonight.

But that's the issue. It isn't a binary equation. I think Phillips had some great AB's today and as a manager I would have given him his normal AB. But there are scenarios where bunting is a fine thing to do

Anyhow - Nice Win!!

Yup, and honestly this is the time when it most makes sense. Where one run is all you need. To me it went too far when you tried to squeeze. You have the IF in and a guy who's been having good ABs. Hey it worked out so I'm happy. But during that massive cold spell you just saw a ton of folks online or twitter saying the problem was the lack of bunting, as if that would've fixed the RISP issues or something

Just. Pure. Filth.

Weren't some calling for Knebel to be replaced as the closer earlier this year?

Yeah some people wanted to overlook his great numbers and the amount of games he held as a setup man, and just say "look he's 5/10 in save chances this year!" The rest of us looked at his great numbers and thought this guy would make an excellent closer.

Really, he's been far better than any of us could have imagined and may be having the best season a Brewer closer has ever had.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just. Pure. Filth.

Weren't some calling for Knebel to be replaced as the closer earlier this year?

Yeah some people wanted to overlook his great numbers and the amount of games he held as a setup man, and just say "look he's 5/10 in save chances this year!" The rest of us looked at his great numbers and thought this guy would make an excellent closer.

Really, he's been far better than any of us could have imagined and may be having the best season a Brewer closer has ever had.

I think that was like, one poster.

Mike Vassallo tweet

#Brewers have a 2.59 ERA with @SVogt1229 behind the plate (194.1ip, 56er). Are 16-8 in his starts (claimed off waivers on 6/25). #MILatPIT

Proof that a bad arm behind the plate doesn't lose games.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Mike Vassallo tweet

#Brewers have a 2.59 ERA with @SVogt1229 behind the plate (194.1ip, 56er). Are 16-8 in his starts (claimed off waivers on 6/25). #MILatPIT

Proof that a bad arm behind the plate doesn't lose games.

Especially in today's game, teams don't run like they used to.

Nah, I was told that every single and walk was an automatic double

At least the Rockies have been losing lately. The last WC spot is probably our best bet right now.

The Rockies actually just swept the padres the most recent series, they have not been losing much. We really needed to win these first 2 games, as we are highly likely to lose today. Unknown Wilkerson pitching against Brault, who has owned us both on the mound and at the plate this season. I'm expecting a very annoying result tonight, so I'm hoping cubs/rockies can lose so we keep pace.

At least the Rockies have been losing lately. The last WC spot is probably our best bet right now.

The Rockies actually just swept the padres the most recent series, they have not been losing much. We really needed to win these first 2 games, as we are highly likely to lose today. Unknown Wilkerson pitching against Brault, who has owned us both on the mound and at the plate this season. I'm expecting a very annoying result tonight, so I'm hoping cubs/rockies can lose so we keep pace.

Actually, I think it's entirely possible we finally get to Brault today and Wilkerson goes 6 strong innings today. You never know with these relatively unknown guys making their starting debut, sometimes the lack of familiarity, scouting, etc. can be enough.

Maybe not likely, but possible.

But you are right, we really needed to take the first 2. Every loss is crucial at this point but we've got to at least have the very winnable matchups.

Also just to point out, the Rockies did not sweep the Padres, they won 2 out of 3 and have lost 4 out of their last 6. So depending on how you look at it he's kind of right.

Brault vs. Brewers: 6 IP, 1.5 BB/9, 9.0 K/9, 0.00 ERA, 0.33 WHIP

Brault vs. Everyone Else: 18 2/3 IP, 3.9 BB/9, 4.3 K/9, 5.79 ERA, 1.93 WHIP

I'm calling fluke on his Brewer outing. He also hasn't pitched since then (9 days ago), so he could be a bit rusty tonight. I thinks the Brewers bounce back nicely against him tonight seeing him for the 2nd time in 9 days.

Archived